FIRST!
The nativity...

Joseph and Mary with donky in background.
Holy family with a shepherd come to adore.
Heavenly tablecloth bedecked Host!
My wise man.
NEXT!
The program...

Our kids sang....wait for it....Rudolph the red nose reindeer. Quickly becoming my least fav. Christmas song, and yet the only one that gets any kind of positive reaction out of my kids. Liam yells: "Ru-Goff!" after its over. Singing is not one of my kids fav. things to do, and I’d forgotten that I had bribed Neil to sing so he jumped down off the piano bench after their song, that he did add a word or two to the singing of, and said: "Hey mom, can I have my treat now?" Next year we will have to think up something different.
Then we opened our matchy jammies Grandma Evans makes every year. Ruth and Sawyer just happened to be wearing the same shirt (Grandma Evans bought last year...) so they were the little twins. Thus ended Christmas Eve, except for the part where mom and dad when home and after shuffling the kids off to bed wrapped and assembled the surprises. Christmas Morning!
The kids slept in till 8am, (moms gift from the kids) and Neil was the first one up this year.

Neil got a bike and a remote control car.
Ruth got a camera and an Easy bake oven, Liam was actually most excited about the little blue truck at the bottom of his picture.
Here is Neil and I trying outour new presents.
Ruth took some pictures with her camera too; here she is running through the middle of the street chasing him down for a great shot. She just may be as annoying as I am with her camera when she gets bigger...
Grandma and Grandpas!
Grandpa installed a tire swing for the kids; they were all quite excited and stayed out for a long time on it. Liam learned a new phrase... "Frozen Solid" is what he told me when he came in. Probably should have zipped him and put on the hood.
We only stayed there for a few minutes, we thought Auntie (Sister Evans) Aubs was calling, but she was calling later, so we went to...
Grandma Holly's!
Uncle Myles was in town with his kids! We opened presents first, Grandma got all the kids marshmallow guns and a fun golfing game.
They also got these great clipboards from someone she knows at work.
After presents we ate a delicious yet painful (for my gallbladder) dinner.
My mom has been watching QVC lately so she got all the food, the new serving dishes and the sliver wear from the show. (she also got the gifts off QVC...she is on good terms with the UPS guy, in fact they were having quite the animated conversation about the wonderful things they both saw on the show the previous night because she now has him watching it...) Of course after we ate it was time for:
This is when we left for Grandma and Grandpas again.
more presents:
We ended the evening with pictures in our matching jammies (sorry no picture) and lots of visiting. It was a long fun day! (Thank goodness it’s over!)









1 comment:
I love your mom's serving dishes. Maybe I should start doing the QVC thing. Mmmm maybe not. I seem to do quite well with Amazon and Woot as it is. I would hate to add another money spending outlet to my list.
Post a Comment