
October 9, 2008
Neil has been so excited to go on his first real field trip and it didn’t disappoint! We met at his teacher’s house at 8:45 and he rode with Reese and Gage to the fire house. (Cooler than riding with mom)

Liam was mad I made him wear this outfit.

Listening to the fire men at the fire station talk about fire safety (does he look like he is paying attention?)

Reese’s daddy put on his gear so the little kids would know what it looks like and that it’s not scary. Liam was still a little nervous, so I was surprised when he gave the fire man a healthy high five when he put his hand out to him.


Then we got to go check out the fire trucks! Neil went in with Reese but my picture didn’t turn out. :( None of my pictures are all that great a quality; I later discovered little smudgy finger prints all over the lens.

Thank goodness for digital cameras. I took 7 of this same shot before I finally got one that didn’t exasperate me. (finger in the ear, *sniiiiiff*, looking at me with everything but his eyes, sneak a quick bite of licorice…etc)

I also got a guilt trip from the firemen for not having one of these. They also challenged us to have a ‘real’ fire drill to see what the kids would really do if the alarm went off. Actually they would probably do the following: Neil would turn the fan on, Ruth would run and open the back door and then they would meet in the kitchen to grab some cookie sheets and start fanning in the alarms general direction; happens all the time in our house. We have alarms all over including riiiiight by our kitchen so even the faintest whiff of smoke from food on the bottom of the oven sets it off, and then they all go off. Maybe we should explain what they are really for other than cooking nuisances.









1 comment:
ok,Liam's outfit is hilarious. That gave me a good laugh. He does look a little upset with you for making him wear that, but I am so glad that you do!
Post a Comment