Sunday, November 15, 2009

I got one of those American Girl catalogues in the mail yesterday with the fabulously adorable little girl clothes and matching doll outfits. Ruth used to love pouring over the pages until it was in tatters, and I always toyed with the idea of getting her a doll. I knew it could never replace her Lilly doll though and I would regret the colossal waste of money and inevitably become bitter.

After taking this picture today I realized Ruth has the best kind of American Girl Doll ever! The kind I wouldn't regret having when she grew out of wanting to be matchy-matchy with a toy. Right now, however, matchy-matchy is just what she wants, so I indulged her by making this little skirt for Adele after making the big one for her. Hopefully she will want to be twinzies with her little sister for quite some time, I think its adorable!