Friday, November 6, 2009
2 weeks ago I was 1/2 way through a recipe I was making for dinner and realized I was out of milk. I usually have a little package of carnation powdered milk for just this reason, but I was out....So I busted out the number 10 can of powdered milk from the cannery. I always put off opening those big cans, because then you are committed to using it up before it spoils. SOOOOOO... since I had the can open, and no milk for breakfast...I made a whole gallon. We usually go through 2 gallons a week, so its saving me some money! I knew Ruth wouldn't care, I used to give her powdered milk bottles when I would run out of fresh. (Seems I have a problem with keeping milk in stock at home.) Neil hasn't said anything; but Liam usually takes a drink and then pushes it away saying "Mom, I want the not-yucky milk." I push it back saying it isn't yucky (it isn't, its just not that great) and he will finish it. It's even better with a little chocolate syrup and some non-dairy creamer. Would you say I'm a bad mom if I told you I buy Marcus and I a 1/2 gallon of 1% when I'm at the grocery store?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment