Monday, September 21, 2009

*YEAH*
I have gotten a good start on my crafty projects but I need a little help...
Think back to when you were 5 or 6 and help me embellish this: Into a super cool under the table playhouse/fort. What should I do for a door? Ribbons hanging down? Fabric that can roll up and be velcroed open? curtains that will part? what about windows? I don't want them to try to exit through the windows so should I just make peep holes? Or should I cover the openings with see through vinyl? Pockets inside? Hmmm the possibilities are endless, help me out and leave your thoughts. :) Here is a peep inside: I crawled in it last night after I finished sewing, and was ridiculously excited about this present. the colors are a bit drab, its just re purposed curtains, but i didn't have to go out and buy anything. Except for the needles that these little suckers kept breaking. *tip* if you are going to make the hooded towel, don't buy the extra plush ones; I broke 3 needles...so annoying.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love the tent. If it was me making it I would probaby do either the roll up door or the curtain doors. Also I would put in some pockets for them to bring toys in and I would probably put a few small peek holes. Okay there are my ideas, I hope that helps. Great job by the way.

Paula said...

You are so crafty and so smart to get a leg up on Christmas. I like the idea of a roll up door and the vynal windows. Towels are darling!