Does anyone else have just a little bit of a problem accepting service sometimes? With all 3 of our other kids, Marcus and I had the customary postpartum meal brought in by the visiting teachers, sometimes one from each! But we always told people we were 'just fine' after that. Either people in this ward are a little pushier, or I have changed a little, but I have had... ... ...7 or 8 meals brought in, a ride to and from school for Ruth every day since the second day of school, a bunch of peaches, loads of cookies (just from our ward), a Nanny for 3 days (thanks Grandma Holly) Tons of family support Not to mention the worlds greatest Husband, all as a help for me during the last *eight* weeks. On top of all that, my Beehive Advisor just called and said that she is having a Barrows (or Barrels as Neil calls it) pizza delivered at six tonight, and she is coming over tomorrow morning to clean our kitchen and living room area. It sticks in my throat a little to be accepting so much service, I feel like i don't REALLY need all the help, but it IS a good thing, right? Isn't it true that when you accept service from others it gives them opportunities to serve? And I feel more charitable towards everyone when I have people doing nice things for me. Why do I feel like I have to justify accepting service? Why do I feel like I need to go clean my kitchen now?
Hopefully I can find lots of opportunities to be of service to others as a way of saying thanks...
OK, I just got off the phone with my mom this time...she is making us dinner tomorrow night and she offered to come pre-clean my house <--I love that one, but I told her no...it hasn't gotten to messy from last week when she tidied up. *she is going to bring her vacuum over since my dinosaur of a vacuum doesn't do that great of a job.* Oh and she is going to swing by teaching tools and grab the tooth necklace Ruth was craving; she lost her tooth, like she cant find it anymore. It disappeared in the car on the way over to Grandma's house and she was "Upset" and "Serious" last night going to bed with red watery eyes. I was going to have her write a note explaining things to the Tooth Fairy, but I wanted to get her the necklace, SO, Dad is going to "look" for her tooth again (we really did look last night, but ! it is just not there) and were going to "find" her other front tooth that she lost at Disneyland. *shhhh* Hopefully she doesn't find the original in the car sometime or we will have to come up with some other subterfuge.
PS. why does she *almost* always come home looking like she got pulled through a hedge backwards?

I was never silly on the playground.
2 comments:
It is a good thing, so I hope you let them come, you deserve it. I am glad so many people have been there to help you. If you need me I am just a phone call away.
I'm glad that you live in such a good ward and have a great mom. I'm sorry that I'm not more of a help. I knew my Marky would be a good husband because he was so thoughtful around here. Just accept the service graciously and pay it forward. I love the Ruthie being pulled through a hedge backwards imagery. You are very entertaining with your blogs. I love that you are family.
Post a Comment