Thursday, September 10, 2009

Neil



What do you think of Neil's man necklace? He made it 2 Sundays ago while Ruth finished up her necklace she has been working on. I bought the baseball beads for him when I made a Binky-clip for him about 4 years ago. That broke, so We made it into a necklace for him, That broke too. This is the 3rd time the beads have been used and he rarely takes it off. (Yes, he sleeps with it on) Whenever he wants something and I tell him 'no' ("Mom can I play PBS.org?" "No, I'm blogging" "PLEASE? I will make you a cool necklace?") he offers to make me a necklace.

(in the car waving to grandma Holly out the open window)
Grandma- "See you later Alligator!"
Neil- "Not so soon Baboon!" (everyone chuckles) (speaking softly to himself in a half laugh) "Grandmas got a pink bum!" <--he was very tickled with himself for saying that. Grandma told him that Baboons have pink bums and to check for himself when we went to the zoo last year, he did and has never forgotten.)


Neil- "Whats for dinner mom?"
Mom- "Pizza, Dad is bringing it home right now."
Neil- "Awesome! HEY RUTH WERE HAVING ROOT BEER FOR DINNER!"
Mom- "I didn't say that"
Neil- "Oh, Dad will bring Root beer."

He was right.

Neil- "Hey mom...(pause)
Mom- "Yeeeeees??"
Neil- "Hey mom, could dad pull my tooth out even if it isn't wiggly?"
Mom- "Yeeeeees, but I don't think you would want him to. I imagine It doesn't hurt quite as much if your tooth is already wiggly.
Neil- Hmmmm. (gazing out the window already lost in thought) <--this is where he sticks his whole hand in his mouth and pushes and pulls his lower jaw repeatedly.

(After finishing his lunch)
Neil- "Liam, let's get you a lunchable too.
Liam- "OK"
Mom- "They are all gone"
Neil- "Oh man, I should have shared mine with you...But I didn't. :)"

Neil- (talking to me)"When I grow up, I want to be a diver."
Liam- (from across the room)"I want to be NEMO!"
Neil- (talking to Liam) "Yeah, then I can catch you, and you can put a pebble in the rotating fan."

(we listened to the Pixar books on tape a few times on the way to, and home from California last week.)

No comments: