Friday, September 25, 2009

I just heard about this show that aired in the UK. I want it!


I recant that statement, I do not want it. I watched all 4 episodes here, and I'm totally disappointed. It had so much potential, and it started out good, I think I liked the first 2 episodes, but nothing got fixed. SO,in their own words, they buggered it all up and I'm sure Jane Austen IS spinning in her grave. What kind of person presumes to fix a masters work, hmmm? I'm going to have to spend an afternoon with the real story to repair the damage watching this did.

Something I DID enjoy:My visiting teacher gave it to me for my B-day; I didn't realize it at the time but I just so happen to have 2 of her other books: Princess Academy and (Ironically) Austenland. <--If your a fan of Collin Firth I would recommend that one. There are a lot of silly novels out there that throw Miss Austens name around I have found. Anyway, if you want a good read, I recommend The Goose Girl, I also have the next in the series, but haven't started it yet. :)

No comments: