Thursday, September 24, 2009

I am really enjoying having a little bit older kids with a new baby. I love watching them interact with Adele; its something I thought would lose its novelty after a few weeks, but they still take every opportunity to smear kisses all over her, (fingers crossed that they stay healthy, because I Can't make them stop kissing her, I've tried. I should start calling her sleeping beauty or Snow white with all the times she has been "kissed awake"!" They also cant stand to hear her cry, they try to soothe her, but haven't figured out yet that rubbing their faces on her soft skin and hair (much like you would see a cat do) does nothing but make her more upset. Ruth does a pretty good job, she can pick her up and rock with her. (sitting up of course, don't try to recline Adele or she will cuss you out in baby language). I also find it amusing to watch them " teach" her stuff that is way too advanced for her age, then stand back and expect her to say "Ruth" or demonstrate her new karate moves. My favorite though was just now when I looked over and saw Neil teaching her how to use a light saber: he loved that she was actually holding it and chopping with it. I wonder what they will think of to teach her next...walking? Ruth was commenting on how she looked like she wanted to take a step the other day...

No comments: