I got home from the Hospital on Saturday the 25th and after picking up my pain pills from CVS we went over to Marcus' parent’s house to hang out with the fam since Trav and Steph were in town from New York with their little man Collin. It was fun to have all ten cousins together.
(I just thought it was awesome that they were all sitting there looking in the cameras general direction! Who needs a smile right?) Sunday I sent the kids off to church with marcus
My mom came over and hung out with me while they were at church and after Marcus dropped the kids off to go back to do "clerky things" as the kids say. (I don’t actually remember anything that happened this day accept taking pictures of the kids and noting how pleased Neil was that I gave Adele to him instead of Ruth like he was expecting. Marcus just told me all this and im typing it up.) Then we went over to Marcus parents house to visit again. Marcus had all week off to play stay at home dad (with a wife and new baby floating in and out of the picture.) It was very nice. Very. And this is how things went down the rest of the week:
Monday we hung out at Grandma and Grandpas house where the kids played in the pool (and Marcus got sunburned) Ruth was so proud of herself, she did a front flip off the diving board with some coaching from her Uncle Travis; Neil floated on his back without help "for 25 minutes!" (Seconds) and Liam totally blew some awesome bubbles. I was pretty impressed; my kids are pretty chickeny in the pool. Ruth usually hovers by the step in the shallow end and Neil likes his little green tube. We were all supposed to go to FHE at Marcus Aunt’s house but I didn’t feel up to it and stayed home while they went.
Tuesday I have no Idea what we did. Oh yes I do, My mom came and got me since I wasn’t supposed to be driving, and Drove me to Adele’s Dr. Appt. so she could get checked out. She has grown 3/4" and has gained back her birth weight of 6 lbs. 12 oz. plus an extra ounce (she left the Hospital at 6 lbs. 5 oz.) Im not sure if we can count that extra ounce though because she loaded up her diaper immediately after being weighted. That night we dropped the kids off with my mom and went and played bunko at Marcus' parent’s house. 2 of the 4 rounds were fun, my incision was on fire by the time we were done though. I think it was because with bunko you have to be constantly leaning forward to roll the dice. No lounging allowed, and you have to keep getting up and moving tables... but it was fun, and I hope we do it again sometime.
Wednesday Marcus took Adele to get her 2nd PKU. I hate doing that, Neil didn’t get his second one until he was like 4 months old.

Thursday I didn’t do a darn thing all day until Paula, Steph, Aubs and Karen and I went to Marcus' cousin’s bridal shower. I love showers and receptions, there is always fantastic food.
Friday I broke the "no driving after a C-section for 2 weeks" rule and drove to buy balloons for my new beehives 12th birthday and took them to the wrong house. It wasn’t as embarrassing as I always assumed it would be to knock on the wrong door, but I was buzzed into their community so they knew I was coming and I was afraid they were peeking out the window across the street giggling at me. She didn’t say anything though so I may have gotten away with it.
Saturday and Sunday were business as usual, although I did get my first taste of shopping with 4 kids under 6. Marcus was giving blood and It was taking a bit to long so we went over to Deseret book and hung out in the kids book area for 1/2 an hour or so. I like to think it went very well. Sunday my mom came over after work and watched Adele for me so I could go to church to help welcome afore mentioned new beehive. (She is one of those super smart home schooled kids and already had the theme memorized. Isn’t that just a right of passage though? To stand there blushing while everyone around you recites the theme and you are wondering if you will ever have it memorized? Oooooor was that just me?) OH! I did have a lady ask me what in the world I was doing at church?!? I told her I had a new beehive to welcome as I was heading off down the hall at the same time another lady fell into step beside me and since we were sort of walking together to the other side of the building she asks me: "So when ARE you due?" Uhhhhh. first of all I was feeling pretty good about myself because I only have 4 pounds left to lose before im at that pre-prego weight, second I thought she was someone else who the day before brought me a baby blanket and ohhed and ahhed over my sweet lovey, so I wasn’t sure what she was talking about. She noted my confused look and said "When is your baby due?" to which I half stammered half laughed out a shaky "I had her last week..." Needless to say it was a looooong awkward walk to Sunday school. OH that totally reminds me, when I was at the hospital, The nurses like you to get up and walk as much as possible so I took the opportunity to sneak out to walk when Marcus was there during his lunch break on Friday It's hard to push the baby carts around corners after a C-section. Well, while I was walking a girl was being wheeled to the exit with her new baby all ready to go home and I smiled at her as she went past and she said to me "OHHH don’t worry it wont be long for you, how many weeks pregnant are you?" Like I was walking to bring on the contractions. *Grrrr* that happened after I had Ruth too, but I was massive with her even after she came out. I just played along like I was in labor to spare her some embarrassment. But I really wanted to tell her how much cuter my baby was than hers.
MONDAY was my first day flying solo. We were totally fine! I did forget that I had my 2 week check-up though so had to take all the kids with me. Luckily Marcus popped over from work to sit with them in the waiting area so I didn’t have to heard them all back with me while I met with my Dr. We even stopped at Safeway on the way home to buy corn on the cob (5 ears for a buck!)
Today my mom watched the kids so I could take a shower. It was a nice long shower. Neil had tip testing today at Karate. He did his "kata" (a series of "Ah-yahs" punctuated by choreographed kicks and punches) perfect and was so proud to get a yellow stripe on his belt!
That is what has been going on with me...I have been very blessed with all my babies, especially this one. She is perfection; she sleeps great, eats great and has more spit on her face than is probably good for her. (Ruth, Neil and Liam give her kisses every time they walk by, I don’t know how she sleeps through Liam’s.)
Aside from being the most spit on baby, she may be one of the most photographed babies, poor dear. And most of the photos are pretty ridiculous, but I can’t help myself! It's a sickness really:
This hat reminds me of one of those old swimming caps. She looks like she is wrapped in a towel after swimming laps or something.
My sweet angel. (I totally timed this naked picture perfectly, she started piddling just as I was strapping her diaper on!)
I did it to Ruth so I didnt want her to feel left out. A lady in my ward actually brought those flowers over after we got home from the hospital.
Ruth and I were playing with our Baby Dolls.
Can you believe she is still smiling?!?
Does anyone have a cure for cheesy photography?









1 comment:
I love your blogs, they are very entertaining. I absolutely love the pictures of Adele. You are amazing! By the way this is me not Trevor. I just happened to be updating his blog.
Post a Comment