Wednesday morning we got to the hospital at 8:20 for the delivery of our fourth baby! It took them a while to call us back so they really only had an hour to get me pumped with two liters of saline and all the necessary needle pokes (blood draws, and IV insertion) before my surgery. Everything was going so smoothly, I was amazed! I didn't even pass out or get nauseated when I got my spinal! At 10:31 Adele was born, I saw it happen, yet it didn't feel real. At all. Even after I was taken to recovery and held her for the first time I still felt like I was holding someone elses baby. Only after having held her most of the day and getting to see her sweet nose, mouth and baby personality did I start to feel like she was mine.

Ruth

and Adele
She reminds me a lot of Ruth both physically and in the way she acts that helped make it real, and gave me little de ja vu moments. I kept patting around to see if I was 80 lbs overweight... just kidding. She is a wonderful baby, I'm not sure how I got so lucky four times in a row, but I'm loving having this new little person as part of our family. I'm not the only one either:



They can NOT get enough of her. They always want to hold her, know where she is, wonder why she sleeps so much, wonder what she eats *while trying to get a gander under the blanket* I absolutely love that they want to be so involved and I hope they always love their little sister this way. Life is good.
1 comment:
So cute. I just love her.
Post a Comment