I had to laugh. I asked him if he had gotten a bloody nose last night and he told me yes and "I got mine tissue and I cleaned it all off." I asked him if it was still dark when he did that to which he solemnly nodded yes. What an intrepid little fellow to take care of the problem himself in the middle of the night and then to put himself back to bed. I'm just glad their was no big mess to greet me when I got up. Unless Marcus cleaned it up when he cleaned off his face...I think Neil is bored and as ready as I am for school to be starting. *Yes those very words "ready for school to start" did finally cross my mind for the first time last week and i shouted out loud for joy when I saw school supplies on sale in the weekly fliers...* he seems to be finding a lot of "favorites" these days, more than usual at least. He found an old flip phone at Grandma Holly's house that were thinking his cousin left when they were visiting from New Mexico and it had just enough juice in it for him to turn it on and take pictures like mad for an hour. He was so entertained while we walked around 3 (YES 3) fabric stores and I didn't have to get after him even once. I was however quite insulted when the manager of a certain one of them got after my kids for me because they were standing to close to the empty shelf hooks and *gasp* touching them. She was "concerned" they would be hurt. I looked at them, then at her and said they were fine and went back to my perusing. Totally out of character for me to be like that to a stranger but I was irritated. Must be a combination of the heat and hormones. Yes, that sounds good, heat and hormones. ANYWAY, Neil must have noticed my indignation because he told me he was going to take her picture with his phone, like that was a menacing thing or something. I told him to please don't or we would probably get kicked out. She did hover until we left though. Good grief, talk about paranoid, I think I made more of a mess than my kids when I dropped a spool of lace! That's besides the point and I will step off my soap box. So the point (I seem to lose that a lot these days) was that the battery finally died in the old flip phone and Neil was driving me NUTS trying to fit anything with a cord and a plug into his phone to "charge" it. It finally dawned on me to see if Marcus wanted to give him his old razor, and he did, and Neil has been as happy as a kid starting Karate class, or getting some much coveted heeleys. So happy in fact that I found him like this just yesterday:
Its actually funnier from this angle though:
(Poor little dude was laying on a corn bag because he developed an ear infection over the weekend. He was fine all morning and then all of a sudden he was laying on the ground crying because his ear hurt. Thank goodness for the minute clinic!) Other than hearing U2 sing the corus to Mysterious Ways every 30-45 seconds the entertainment value of an old cell phone is endless. -Last night Liam was on some kind of Crazy "I had an hour nap at 5pm" high and was bouncing off the walls being so darn silly. After we put Ruth and Neil to bed I tried to harness some of the silliness by laying in our bed with him in the dark to try to relax. HOWEVER dad joined us after about 2 minutes and some tickling ensued; hoping that laughing would exhaust him was a vain thought; It didn't. All the giggling was making the baby go berserk so they started talking to Adele. I asked Liam if we were going to have a new baby soon; he told us this: "The Dr. will chop it open and baby come out." (insert bemused laughter) We tried to ask him where he heard that but he just said "Cuz." (Probably Dr. Ruthie) then he said: "The baby will rocket out right...there." (here is where he pulled up my shirt and poked his finger down my belly button.) He said the whole "Rocket" thing two or three more times with his little hand zooming around over his head. Well I was amused. I also asked him if he rocketed out when he was born but he thought about that and said: "No, I probably (yes he said 'probably') came out my own" He did admit to crying but he told me that he said "No shots" to the Dr. and that they listened. When exactly did my baby grow up to be able to have conversations like this with me? It was just yesterday that he finally admitted to being a big boy!
-Ruth had her 5th and final (silently celebrating) play date with her best friend Adriana today. They are moving up to Oregon on Friday so she came over to spend the morning at our house with Ruth. Ruth was excited... no that's way to mild a term for what Ruth 'was'. She was like a little spastic poodle when Adriana got to our house. They played for a few hours repeatedly being warned against screaming in the house and encouraging Neil to 'chase' them. Poor Liam was exhausting himself running to me tattling in a bewildered voice about how Ruthie was not letting him in or Neil was running him over and other such disasters. At noon I took Neil, Liam and the two giggling tornadoes down to the school for Lunch. I kept feeling Adriana eyeballing me warily for all the times I was telling Ruth to "Stop it, NOW" but seriously, filling your mouth up with drink and dribbling it all over the cafeteria floor for as long as you can? And running up to the projector screen and jumping up to try to make shadow puppets in front of everyone? I know it will be hard for you, but think up the last time you remember her doing something silly/annoying and treble it. That's how she acts the SECOND she sees Adriana so you can imagine my relief at this being their final play date. Now I feel guilty, Ruth is losing her best friend and all I can feel is relief. *sigh* what a mean mom.
Oh well, good-bye Adriana! Ruth will miss you.









No comments:
Post a Comment