-My current favorite is when you ask him something, even something mundane like "Do you need to go potty? he says: "Oh, yes!" I really need to video tape it, he says it like you have suggested the most wonderful thing in the world to him and he really appreciates how considerate you are to think of him.
-He also says "Actually..." in the correct contexts. For example I asked him the other day: "Liam, do you need to go potty?" his reply was: "Oh, yes! Actually...actually no, I don't need go potty."
-Marcus told me the other day he said that he wanted to "go watch a movie with those kids" Marcus asked him "what kids?" Liam looked at him like he was crazy and said "Ruthie and Neil!"
"Those kids"! too funny, it's just about as good as Neil calling Uncle Travis last night "That Man outside with the red shirt on"
-Travis and Callie came to town for their anniversary yesterday and Travis came with a very large toad, a very large lizard and a very large caterpillar, not to mention 2 chickens and a chicken tractor. I will talk about the chickens later after I take a picture of the devise Trav made, its quite amazing. But anyway Travis came bearing gifts for my kids, the toad is now living in our backyard hopefully eating the roaches off the wall that the bug man cant seem to kill, the caterpillar became chicken food, and Neil's Lizard got cooked in the bucket, so Travis promised to catch him another one for the next time he came up to town, or probably when we go for Carter's baptism in September. I totally forgot where I was going with this bit, but I'm pretty sure it was leading up to something funny Liam said...Oh I remember! Carter and Luke spent the night after a fantastic Fiesta we had yesterday as a going away dinner for Hillarie. (she is going to Africa, more on that later...) Seriously the food was amazing and I'm already craving the next one Callie. We had home made salsa and guacamole' chimichangas, enchiladas, Navajo tacos and topped it off with sopapias with honey and powdered sugar and banana cream pie. *melting in my chair* aside from the 3am heartburn it was heaven. BUT, back to the point, Carter and Luke were over and they were all playing a spy game and every time they went into Liam's old room he would pound on the door and yell "HEY! That's baby's room you GUYS!" he was very protective, not sure if it was a protectiveness born from all the happy thumb sucking memories floating around in there still, or because he is already sticking up for his sister...but whichever it is I got a good chuckle out of every indignant repetition of that phrase.
-Well its finally happened. I knew it wouldn't be long in coming but Liam has finally uttered those four little words I have been both dreading and hoping to hear at the same time. I told him it was nap time for babies and he gave me a dirty look
:( <--me
and said: "I NOT a baby!" I used to be able to ask him "are you a...(_____)" and I would fill the blank in with all of these possible answeres:
-boy? Liam' answer ---> no
-man? no
-girl? no
-human? no
-puppy? NO
-Daddy? no
-Big boy? no
-child? no
-little kid? no
-Baby? uhhh, YES!
His answers were always the same, now the only thing he answers yes to is "Big boy" *sigh* oh well, hopefully it's a sign that he wont be upset at this baby usurper coming to live with us in a few days. Jealously wars don't sound fun. Wow this is a long boring picture-less post...here, this picture of Liam and Abby always makes me laugh.
Ciao!









1 comment:
Loved your post! That Fiesta was a great feast. I'm looking forward to trying your chicken enchiladas. Your children are totally funny. I love them!!!!
Post a Comment