Sunday, July 5, 2009

It's the Fourth of July! One of my favorite holidays ever for a few reasons; the first being the most obvious as it is the day we celebrate our Independence, right? and don't we live in the greatest country ever? Yes, we do, and I'm so grateful for the chance to live here and celebrate what our fore fathers fought so hard for. A few of the other reasons I love this day are:
Hot dogs, fireworks, casual get together, a day off work for dad, no school and pool parties (ha! I wrote 'poop' parties at first, definitely not a favorite thing, just ask Marcus, Liam had a poop party today...) The perfect day in other words, am I right? So who WOULDN'T want this to be their birthday? That was the original plan when we (I) decided July would be a great time for a baby. Megan <---crazy. Now that the day has come and gone and I didn't miraculously go into labor :( we will just have to refocus (and believe me I have only been unfocused for 2 days now, I'm still a tad frightened of what 4 children will bring me) on the 22nd of July. I can totally do this. I still need a few things before she is here and I haven't tackled the mess in my laundry room...

So back to today, well let's start with yesterday when the partying started. We went to Lunch with Grandma and Grandpa Evans and Uncle Reddin, Aunt Karen, Payton and Kayda. Then we went and saw Monsters vs. Aliens at the dollar theater. Neil and Liam had been saying "Holy Flag-non" for the past little while and we had no idea where they learned it until we heard the Alien say it in the movie. Now we just have no idea when they learned it since this was the first time they have seen the movie. Ruth set up this picture after the movie, I love how she is holding on to Liam; such a little mommy.

Today we went to Swim at the Orange Tree Resort where Uncle Travis and Aunt Callie are staying for the weekend (It's their anniversary tomorrow:)I think sometimes I forget I'm pregnant, I put Neil there and then totally blocked his face with my largeness... Poor kid. P.S. Thanks Grandma Evans for the flag shirts! Carter set up this shot, he was so funny measuring everyone to make sure they were lined up shortest to tallest.
The kids were little fish, the pool was shallow so it was pretty warm (I actually got in!) and It was amazing how well my little people did swimming when they were forced to do so without goggles and floaters. So fun times, we saw some fireworks from the car on the way home and they all three fell asleep by the time we got there. How was your Independence day?

5 comments:

Paula said...

I'm glad that you had such a good day. Thanks for share with us on the 3rd and the 5th was totally fun at your house. I love to be with your family. Thanks again for the yummy food and the fun times visiting.

Paula said...

I should totally proof read my comments. That would be thanks for sharing with us...

Katie said...

You did always love the 4th. I love it also. I remember I had a flag sticker from Trader Joe's on my notebook forever in high school. It was from you, btw. We had a pool party at my Mom's. Don't you love family with pool's?

M Evans said...

Absolutley, I don't think we will eber own one, too much up-keep.

M Evans said...

Haha, I should proof read too, I meant eVer.