Day 2 of Karate class Neil is officially a "Little Dragon" now.

The last time we went to Disneyland (about 4 years ago) I made blankets for my kids to take with them in the car that had Mickey mouse on them. My mom made a princess one for the baby on the way, and that got me to thinking that Liam didn't have his own and we are Anaheim bound in September for both Neil's and My birthday on the 4th. Liam has been sleeping with Neils Mickey blanket but the moment I suggested making one for him, he has been adamant about having it NOW. It was the first thing he mentioned the next morning. So we went to buy fabric and I made the mistake of letting him pick. They had the cutest Mickey fabric I would have bought had I been alone, but he clapped eyes on this "Lightning Queen" stuff and wouldn't be dissuaded. I kept pushing other prints on him showing him the different colors but he finally pulled the whole bold of his precious "Lightning Queen" into the cart and leaned his little back against it and wouldn't look at anything else. Sooooooo I gave in, it just makes it that much more special right? Maybe he will become so attached to it that he will only suck his thumb when he has his blanket and I can then steal it, making the thumb lose it's appeal and...(a mother can dream right?)
I thought I had fabric for the backing but was mistaken so it didn't get finished on Tuesday (he slept with his scrap of fabric that night anyway.) We picked out the orange the next day (Wednesday the 1st) and out of a whole bag of rick rack that I own, not 2 strands matched to make up the 7 yards needed, so I had to make one more trip out to find some of that... In the end we got it done, Grandma Holly was nice enough to sew it up for him so he could go to bed this happy:

Here is Neil when I put Liam to bed with his new blanket.
...Raise your hand if you think he likes Karate.









No comments:
Post a Comment