Tuesday, June 2, 2009

May 30, 2009
Marcus was gone all week last week for work and got home late Friday afternoon so Saturday was a pretty fun day for the kids. They got free reign in the front and back yard because dad was doing yard work in the morning; then we went to Ned's Crazy Sub for some lunch. So good, and now I'm craving a cherry Pepsi.

After lunch we went swimming at Grandpas house, Ruth and Neil have surprised me by not completely forgetting everything they learned {or re-learned} last year. Liam was my little fish last year, but is a bit more reserved now, he just dove in, they told me, when he went swimming on Memorial Day and it must have scared some sense into him.

Marcus' cousin Taryn got married this morning so we were off to the reception at the Wright house after cleaning up from swimming.

Good food...

Good friends...

And memories made. Just what a Wedding reception calls for right? I just thought I would be sighing at the bride dancing her first dance with her husband, not my Ruthie dancing her first dance...ever!

In the moment these pictures were cracking me up! Mason (Marcus' cousins little boy) was twirling her around and they were having a great time,
but looking at them now *sigh* makes me realize that when this new baby is 6, Ruth will be a beehive, mooning about boys and lamenting the fact that she turns 14 two days AFTER the big stake dance. *sigh* Anyway. It was a beautiful reception and everyone had a great time. (And I'm glad Marcus was there, Liam had an accident and needed cleaning up in the bathroom.)

3 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

I love your new family pictures!! And score that they were free! My favorite is the profile one of you with the prayer printed on the side and the one of you in purple while the kids are black and white around you. How fun!

Brimley Family said...

That's too cute! Spencer told me about all the dancing but I was over chatting and missed it. So I'm glad you posted some pics of Ruth and Mason because I heard they were the hit of the night!

As Told By Molly said...

You're thinking ahead about your daughter going to dances and all that is making me so glad that my son thinks girls are a hassle. I just keep telling him that and maybe he'll believe it for a little while longer, right?

Love the new family picture - score on the freebie! Can't beat a good deal and a great looking family. I'm jelous you're already into the thrid tri. I still have sooo long to go.