Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A guy in our ward approached me a few weeks ago wanting to take pictures of our family to help build up his portfolio so he could get back into photography. Of course I jumped at the chance and for the most part was not disappointed. The main focus of the shoot was my belly. {I do admit I was a tad nervous he was going to want me to bear my belly and I was going to have to politely decline. {luckily he didn't ask.} This was the first picture he took and It took him a while to get the angle and lighting correct but I think it looks pretty cool.


The next one he wanted was of the kids and my belly:
He was sweating profusely by now, I don't think he appreciated the fact that we had our AC turned up to 85 and it was late afternoon. {were on the 'time of use' plan} (I think that's what its called) We did have windows and doors open allowing a nice cross breeze. No one else was dripping on his equipment though so turned up the AC stayed.

After this family shot my children were {---} <--that close to driving me bonkers. [They like to show off for company, Ruth attempted a headstand in a flouncy skirt last month for our home teachers!] So we put a movie on for them and he had us change our clothes.

Marcus was a very good sport about all of this; the laying down picture looks a lot better than I thought it would while laying there. He actually took 4 or 5 shots on the couch but this is the only one that made the cut I guess. can you even tell I'm prego? i asked him if it was too much black, but he said it looked good. {whatever}

The rest of the pictures are okay; definitely not up to the same caliber as the other pictures, and not what I would have expected from a pregnancy photo shoot. {he cut my belly off in one of the pictures}



They were free though and part of my problem probably boils down to the fact that I was to lazy to make a hair appt. *sigh* He did do a good job of getting us to really smile!

He also threw in this picture of Liam, must have liked it for his portfolio or something.
I do like the idea of getting out of the studio for our family pictures though, the last ones were nothing exciting, I didnt even hang them so im glad to finally have an updated picture in my frame.

3 comments:

Paula said...

Those were some good pictures! It is always nice to get something for free. I love the pictures of Ruthie and Mason dancing. Those are priceless.

Smith Family said...

Those are great pictures, you guys look relaxed and happy. I'm jealous you ate at Neds, that's on my "to do list" while here in AZ. I can't wait~!

Amber Bryce said...

These are great pictures! I especially like the silhouette shot of you.