.
.
.
Neil told me this morning, at the breakfast table while we were all eating our coco & fruity pebbles... that "mouses make really dangerous weapons." I was a little confused, A) because it was out of the blue, and B) because how do "mouses" make a dangerous weapon? His explanation was you could use a computer mouse to throw at someone and really hurt them and make them bleed. Mmmmm Hmmm. Boys are interesting creatures sometimes.
.
.
.
It was moving day at our house this morning. quite a traumatic one too. Liam has been sleeping in Neil's room for a week now with no midnight panic attacks *albeit earlier mornings* but he wakes up happy.
They sleep on the queen bed together sideways to give them more room to get used to having someone in bed with them. {and they each have to have their own blanket, Liam likes Uncle Trevor's old Spider man one, and Neil likes his green plaid one} Apparently Liam teases Neil by laying on him and squishing him right after we say goodnight so I rolled up a beach towel (I need to get a water noodle, maybe that would work better...) and put it down the middle of the bed telling Liam to stay on his "side" and we put Neil down first because he takes 2 seconds to go to sleep (Marcus in every respect right?) and Liam wont bug him if he isn't getting a reaction. Anyway it took a while but we did get everything organized with toys and clothes all in one room. (6 bags of D.I. donations helped too :) Liam cried every time we took a toy into Neils room, I think he thought we were giving his toys to Neil, but I just told him to put his shoes in "his" room and he went to what was formerly Neil's room to put them away. *whew*
I made a big deal of moving Liam's (3 weeks ago FHE lesson) picture off the inside of the nursery room door and putting it on the inside of his new bedroom door by Neil's picture.
He was very excited to show it all to Grandma Holly who came over a little later so I think were good. :::fingers crossed::: .
.
.
What do you do if the very thought of cleaning the bathroom makes you shudder but the idea of letting it go another day without a good scrubbing makes you...whatever is one step further than shuddering...???
They seriously thought I was the coolest mom ever for letting them strip down to their unders and Scrub furiously every inch of our bathroom. Yes, Neil was on toilet duty, he does an awesome job (he is the reason the job is very necessary too) Ruth is on sink duty, and Liam gets the tub, with a little help from Ruth when she is done scraping dry tooth paste off the sink. *contented sigh*Megan <--- genius <--- I really should erase that I just had to fix the spelling on spell check...
.
.
.
Liam learned a new trick!
Well, yes he learned to hold the Denny's crayon on his ear (again my kids thought I was so cool when I showed them that trick, don't you dare tell them I didn't invent it!) but he has gone 3 days and one of the nights without having an accident! Woo Hoo! I wont say he is potty trained yet because that would jinx me, but has this happened yet for me? I'm completely diaper free! (for the next 4 weeks...) Okay we still do the pull-up thing at night for 2 of the 3 but pull-up's are diapers I can tell them do take care of themselves! Megan <---counting her blessings, be back later.









1 comment:
That's hilarious that the kids loved cleaning the bathroom just because they got to do it in their underwear! You make parenting look easy and fun :) I meant to comment on your last post that I've had those same thoughts... of thinking someone looked pretty or their outfit was cute... whatever it was and then not saying something! And yet it feels so good to get a compliment! I'll join you on the new goal of telling someone when you think they look nice, etc. So if your date gets changed at all and happens to be a day sooner.. little Adele and I will share a birthday! And I wouldn't mind at all seeing as how I already share it :) The more the merrier!
Post a Comment