Thursday, June 25, 2009

It has always been really easy to tell when Neil really likes something...
He loved his bottle and his "Zoo"

and Dad got him the BEST 3rd birthday present ever.

I tried really hard to find the pictures I know I have of him somewhere wearing his first pair of flip flops to bed but just imagine what that looked like okay? I'm sure you get the point, he can’t bear being apart from the things he likes most even for the night. Lets just say I wasn’t surprised to find him like this when I put Liam to bed last night.

He had been talking about the little neighbor boy who has a pair of Heely's and I was watching him watch the kid glide around on them knowing what was coming and could practically count down the seconds until he expressed his desire for a pair too. It started out with "Mom those are cool" and I was surprised when he left it at that but the very next day we were at a thrift store when I spotted a pair in, would you believe it, his size! They didn’t have wheels though and I debated paying 5 dollars for them not knowing how much replacement wheels would cost, but ended up caving anyway. He was super excited and kept asking for them, I was hoping to hold off giving them to him until his birthday but He kept "wondering" where they were. I happened to be at another thrift store 2 days later (back to school shopping) when I found a pair in Ruth's size and above those were a pair in (my) size (can you just imagine?) I got both pairs though at 5 dollars each and switched the wheels out of the ones in my size to put in Neil's (cheaper than buying new wheels...) and the dang shoes haven’t come off his feet in over 48 hours. They are getting pretty good at them too, I'm pretty impressed. Though at the grocery store today I began to understand why the website says: Get the shoes that are going to drive your parents nuts... Believe me, they can. :)

1 comment:

Paula said...

I louve it! That's my Neil!