Aren't we cute? The movie was a little more intense than I was expecting. Liam didn't flinch once, Neil was very brave and only asked to leave during one particularly scary part that I was even a little tense during, which I talked him out of. Ruth was one long pep talk through the whole movie. I said things like "you know it's pretend" and "don't they look ridiculous?" quite a bit which helped, but what really did the trick was when Payton, her little cousin, came and sat by her and I told her to be brave for Payton and to let her know what was going to happen so she wouldn't be scared. (she saw the movie with her Grandpa when it first came out) So we made it through the movie with very little trauma, next week is Ice Age 2. We may have the same problem, but not quite as bad... (my kids are chicken I know, Ruth used to cry during Finding Nemo.)
Anyway as we battled the crowds to get out it was particularly slow going at one point where I made eye contact with a lady walking near me so I smiled and looked away but could tell that she was still givin' me the eyeball. I panicked a little because I could just tell she was going to say something to me and I was thinking, 'do I know her? I don't think so' so I chanced a look back and she was still staring at me and she just out of the blue told me that I was so beautiful. Totally random right? People don't say stuff like that to me! Later I was thinking about it though, isn't it amazing how such a random thing like a compliment from a complete stranger you will probably never see again can absolutely make your day? (well for a very pregnant mom of three kids, all under 6 and during summer break, it made like the next 3-4 hours...) There are so many times when I have thought in my head that I liked a certain persons shirt or hairstyle and I wonder now why I didn't vocalize those thoughts, maybe it would have made someone elses day... Totally out of my comfort zone, but I'm going to try, we can all afford to be a little nicer to each other, right? Even if it's just complimenting one of my kids I know it would be worth it. Look at me, I just set a goal, maybe it will count towards my Personal Progress...









2 comments:
My son and daughter both get nightmares over the most mildest stuff. And Spiderwick was one of them. Although even I didn't think that was mild. And I cried in Finding Nemo, too!
You are looking great! Almost there...I can't believe you're down to DAYS. Lucky!
That stranger lady is right, you are beautiful. Especially with your wild, surfer girl, crinkly hair.
Post a Comment