Tuesday, May 19, 2009


May 20, 2009
Well Neil Graduated from his first year of preschool today. Poor little guy was amusing a few times much to his dismay. The graduates came marching in to a song where they were singing: "I'm a V.I.P., in my family..." and they are supposed to stop in front of their pre-assigned chairs but Neil didn't quite make it to the front of his chair so when he plopped down at the end of the song he missed. It was a total air ball too, not even close. He was super embarrassed and almost started crying because everyone was chuckling (including his mother, that horrid woman) but his teacher gave him a hug and he was better. Then they all showed off some of the things they had learned thorough the year, Neil lead the room in the pledge of allegiance then told the room "you may be seated" when it was over. (Everyone chuckled again and he turned red). After they showed us they could count, recite the days of the week, months, colors etc. it was time for awards. Neil was the second to last to be called but that didn't stop him from jumping up and proudly standing by Mrs. Kerry when the "Delight Award" was announced. She was talking about a boy that was always cheerful and just a pleasure to have in class and the loudmouth kid (you know, every class has one) guessed it was Neil. Well Neil just heard his name being called so he was embarrassed again when Mrs. Kerry had to send him away with a "I have another award in here for you later Neil" He ended up with the Cooperation Award. She said Neil loved to be rowdy and have fun but he always made sure that everyone was getting a turn. He has come a long way since the beginning of the year. Other than growing 3 1/2 inches and gaining 3 lbs. he has learned to print his name pretty perfectly and he understands the difference between play time and quiet time. (a big one for him) Congratulations Neil, You're awesome! Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with him next year since the preschool I was planning on sending him to lost funding... Anyone know a good preschool teacher?




Oh, just a funny note I was going to add since this is a post about Neil right? He was in charge of the lesson last night for FHE, and he had his topic all week long that we have been discussing off and on. Well he decided that he was going to help dad out with the activity (xbox) and he told Marcus in the car when they went to pick up the pizza that since he was in charge of the lesson he could make it as long as he wanted it to be and it was probably going to be small so they could play lots of xbox. (this cracked me up) Ironically his lesson was on "playing video games on Sunday" (or keeping the Sabbath day holy, is how we steered it with our questions) It was a great lesson, and he even bore his testimony at the end and how he felt good when he chose not to play his video game

*Also Ruth was very proud of herself for reading Exodus 20:8 all by herself. (All BY herself) And we had chocolate chip cookies for dessert. (Yes Karen, they were juuuuuust about as good as they were the first time (FHE @ Carries) when I had to tweak the recipe a bit out of necessity. I think it's a keeper recipe; this doesn't however mean that my 6 year search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe is over. I will always be trying out new ones so if you think you have the perfect one, SHARE! :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

okay I need that recipe, because those cookies were really good. Congrats to Neil and I am sorry about school for next year that is a bummer.