Ruth started piano lessons 4 weeks ago; she told me after her last lesson that she really likes it which makes me happy. I always hoped she would like taking piano lessons (because she was going to take them weather she liked them or not) having her like it just makes getting her to practice easier. She takes lessons from Tialene, a Laurel in our ward who has amazing musical talent. Ruth is only her second student so she is new to teaching, but Ruth was already playing her first song after the first lesson! I was very impressed, anyway, this is right after her fourth lesson she is using both the top hand and the bottom and counting the notes. I need to get her one of those little tickers to help with the counting. Anyway, I took a video of her last night right before her Kindergarten "congratuation".So yes, Ruth "congratuated", as she so endearingly says it, last night. The invitation said the gates would open at 6:45 so be on time to get a seat. We got there at 6:40 and the auditorium was packed; some people had gotten there at 6:00! We stood with some people from our ward against the side wall; I thought from this vantage point I could at least get a decent picture of her, but no. something with the lighting or vaulted ceilings just swallows up the flash and its basically pointless to try to take pictures unless you have a 2 foot lens like the guy across the room. (I was only a little jealous of his camera) I had to walk up in front of everyone and go behind the risers to get a 1/2 way decent picture of her:
After thanking everyone for being there each of the 4 kinder classes danced to a different song. I actually thought it was dumb, but my feet were swelling up and I was a tad light headed from the heat and all the different cafeteria and "people" smells that were starting to assault my nose so it may have just been me that wished they werent taking so long. After the dancing all the kids sang a song about growing and learning, and then they had the kids "walk" with a pose for a picture with their teacher.
(great quality right, I was only about 5 yards away.(yes I got up in front of everyone))Most of the people left after that, but Ruth wanted to stay to watch the slide show of pictures the teachers had taken throughout the year. After that we got her "journal" a quick picture of her with her teacher, I ate 6 cookies and we left, getting home 2 hours after we had left it. I cant believe I have a 1st grader now!
.jpg)
CoNgRaDuAtIoNs RuTh!









No comments:
Post a Comment