Saturday, May 9, 2009

Even though I don't officially have a garden yet... I have totally gotten into gardening. The kids and I planted some seeds in random places in the front and back yard and It's been so fun to see them growing! Neil especially enjoys being "in charge" of watering his plants; I gave him a planter that he planted some sunflower seeds in and he is very religious about making sure they are watered. It's paid off too, his flower are about 3 feet tall. (I will post a picture when they bloom.)



This is my tomato in the Topsy turvey planter. I was a bit skeptical as to its working, but I have about a golf ball size tomato! (PS check out the peaches, we have an awesome neighbor that lets us harvest whatever we want, I just picked, peeled and prepared 2 batches for jam!)


Here is the corn we planted right after Easter (not obvious?) They have since been transplanted into the ground at my moms house.

This is my cucumber and zucchini plants (that just today got ran over when Marcus backed the car out of the garage after mowing the lawn. Plants are resilient right?!? I havent seen them yet...) I have three 2 inch zucchinis and a cucumber the size of a crayon. (the zucchinis are cute but the cucumber is downright ugly)

This is my basil for some yummy pesto...

And my peas. I started about 12 of these little buggers but i waited too long before transplanting them and only 4 survived the move. I didn't even get to use the fancy trellis the kids helped me make. We also planted a bean plant Neil germinated at school. He was very proud of it and its doing great all snuggled up next to my peas. (I have 6 little pods harvested already, maybe by the end of summer we will have enough in the freezer for a nice stir fry...)

I can't wait until next year!

No comments: