Monday, May 4, 2009

May 1, 2009
This morning I woke up to Liam's usual call from the next room: "Mom, mom, mom, mom, MOM, mom..." It sort of sounds like an alarm clock, he doesn't even take a breath between 'mom's. We had a little talk a few weeks ago about how he doesn't need to cry in the morning for me to come in and get him out of his crib, so after mulling that over he said "OH!" and now he calls me ever so sweetly/persistent every morning. After I went into his room with my usual reply: "Good morning SUN (or SON), happy morning everyone!" (a line from the boys' fav. book) He said excitedly "I'm going camping now?" Luckily Marcus decided to take the whole day off to make the trip worth while. So I went and Threw Liam in bed with dad while I got Ruth up and Ready for school.
After I took Ruth to School, Marcus was just finishing loading up the car with the camping stuff, and by 10am, we were all ready to leave for the day; I was off to My Dr. appt.(Glucose testing, *bleh*) and the boys were were headed to the hills for some good dirty 'man time'. (And I do mean DIRTy, pictures to follow...)
Dr. appt went surprisingly well, it was the most painless glucose testing I have thus far experienced. I hate drinking that sugar drink, then waiting around, THEN getting my blood drawn, but they gave me my drink before my appt so I only had to wait a little while before I had THE BEST lab tech draw my blood. I wish they were all as good at drawing blood as she was... *sigh* ANYWAY, I had hours and hours of no responsibility ahead of me so what am I going to do to fill the time? Yeah, I went shopping.
3:40 rolls around, I pick up Ruth and we are off to dinner and a movie. She chose Chili's and the new Disney movie "World". She really enjoyed it, my kids are super into nature programs. We stopped on the way home for some Ice cream, Toaster Strudels (her breakfast of choice) and made it home just in time to snuggle down to a wonderful episode of 'Super Nanny' (one of our favorites, I watch it with the undivided attention of all three of the kids, they are fascinated with the kids' bad behavior))(hopefully they aren't getting pointers...No mostly they just watch in disbelief)I told her she could stay up as late as she wanted but made her go to bed after the news because I didn't want to lug her...no I just plain couldn't lug her to bed. One :::stressful::: night later (way too many noises and taps and crazy Ice machines freaking out for me) we spend the morning going to every Goodwill and Savers in a 5 mile radius of us and the D.I. and had no luck finding church shoes for my Ruth (I found 2 cute shirts though!)so we went to Pay Less. She got 2 pairs of shoes! Church shoes and next years school shoes! I have never bought her NEW shoes like that! I have bought her 2 pairs of shoes, but they were both on clearance, these were just BOGO! I told her she was a spoiled brat and we went home. (she was very pleased with herself.)



What the boys did:






Im going to try to get marcus to write something in here....

1 comment:

Andrea M. said...

Sounds like a GREAT weekend! I'm jealous...