I was so ready for last week to be over; I had been dreading it for the past few weeks and now that its almost Wednesday I'm finally starting to recover. Last Wednesday we had a marathon Mutual that started at 4:00pm and ended at 8:30pm where we made PJ pants with the girls as a combined activity. We didn't quite get finished so guess what were doing for tomorrows mutual! Friday the Young Women were back together at a sister in the wards house to assemble tents and prepare for a backyard camp out (aka: 'get certified for camp because there will be almost no certification done AT camp this year) Then we walked to (I cheated and drove) the church where we had a ward Ho-down with Chili and Hot dogs (First time I needed tums this pregnancy and I didn't even eat any of it, I just had corn bread)

Thanks mom for introducing me to these little beauties. Same great instant gratification with no more chalk in my teeth! And thanks Marcus for bringing them to the Ho-down for me. Anyway, after the party we headed back to the "camp grounds" where we had a fireside version of New Beginnings. We were trying to get out of doing one this year because we had no new Beehives come in, but were strongly advised to do one...so we did. I had to speak on the importance of Personal Progress and forgot to mention 2 of my 4 main points. *sigh* after an evening sitting downwind of a smokey fire I skipped out at about 11pm and went home to go to bed. I had to take a shower before I could go to bed because I smelled so bad! The next morning I drove back over around 6:30 and tried my darnedest to stay upwind of the fires while we had a demonstration on Dutch oven breakfasts, a lesson on the compass (I have had multiple lessons on how to use one of those things and I will never get it!) A burned tin foil lunch. help take down the tents and I left as soon as it ws acceptable for a leader to leave. Bad attitude? Nooooooo. I was just extremely grateful the only camp song I heard was the tippy canoe.
Later that same day I went over to my moms to help out with my sisters fund raiser. She is hoping to go to Mozambique, Africa this summer with a humanitarian organization called Care for Life, so she set up a carnival with a 50 foot slip-n-slide:
This is Ruth AFTER she went back to grandmas to get her swim suit on. She was just going down it in her clothes before and decided the shirt created too much drag. After a run down the hill with her shirt pulled up, Travis said she kind of looked around to see if anyone was looking and took her shirt off. I came over a little after this and was wondering who the little boy was I hadn't noticed before...THEN REALIZED IT WAS MY DAUGHTER! HELLO! Travis was laughing hysterically, well everyone was, probably more from my reaction than from seeing a 6 year old little girl topless in a public park. *sigh* Anyway the kids loved the slip-n-slide. there were also more hot dogs, a face painter that painted the creepiest eyeballs on Carters eyelids, a bounce house, snow cones from Grandpa Evans' snow cone machine:
(Don't worry Trav, Reddin sang the "Marcus hassssnow balls" song to Marcus for you.)
And last but not least there was plenty of playground equipment for Liam to wound himself on.


He actually fell off the slide platform onto some hard sandy surface; I had gone back to the house by this time. It's hard to see but its a pretty good size goose egg and some of the sand is still in there... I bathed the poor little guy and when I was putting lotion on him he kept saying ouch all over his body. He also hurt his knee a little earlier.
We had early church the next day, I got the kids ready but I had nothing left to get dressed so I dropped them off at the door of the chapel and crossed my fingers that they could find their Daddy. Luckily I have a handsome son that likes to hold the door for everyone, a sweet baby that held tight to his sisters hand and A smart daughter that walked her brothers in to the usual spot 6 rows back on the right where Dad was waiting...and probably wondering where mom was. She was on her way back home to bed. All day Sunday I felt like I was moving through water, these are Grandma Holly's new chickens Travis and Callie brought her.


She thought she would call them Henny and Penny, I think Neil has other plans. Im Pretty sure I heard him calling them 'Peep' and 'Flick' Flick is one of the names he wanted to call his new sister; the others are "Cosmo" and "Sarah" Monday was not much better it still felt like each foot and hand weighed an extra 6.5 lbs. Today I feel like I'm on the way to recovery and I'm just eternally grateful to NOT be going to girls camp this year. really really.









2 comments:
Where do you guys go to girls camp? It's fun to read about everyone getting ready for camp. When we visit AZ this summer, our oldest will get to go to camp in our old ward with all of her little friends. She's excited for that adventure. They usually do Lo Mia but this year they're tent camping. Here in Germany, I'm in the Stake YW's and we're slowly getting camp situated. We're going to Switzerland to camp in a youth hostel/castle. It'll surely be a fun experience too. We'll be here in Germany at least one more hopefully 2 more years. We've already been here 2 years this July. We absolutely LOVE it here.
Megan are you having a hard time? I am going to be in Utah next week, but when I get back if you need anything I will surely get it or do it for you! I hope you feel better. But I also know how nice it is to say, "I would love to go to church, but I am pregnant and so tired and nothing fits." That really came in handy some days.
Post a Comment