Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick’s Day Everyone! (Patrick, now that im thinking of it, is another one of those names I had on my “baby name list” growing up…) We had a pretty good day today; I think it lived up to all the hype, planning and excitement Ruth has been heaping on it these past few weeks. Ruth, if you didn’t know, is a BIG fan of every holiday, no matter how small, And if they make a T-shirt for it, she needs 2 or 3.
We started out the day with Green scrambled eggs, the ham was a tad questionable and my anti-meat stomach right now couldn’t handle the smell test, so it was thrown out no questions asked.
After breakfast we went to the Phoenix Zoo with some friends where Neil got separated from us before we even made it into the actual Zoo part. My friend asked me what he was wearing and I had to laugh when I said “A green Shirt and blue pants.” Because almost everyone there had on…a green shirt and blue pants. I did find him just standing on the bridge over the green turtle water ( ) this close to tears and we had a little talk about not wandering away which he either didn’t listen to or it just blew out his other ear. I was, however, expecting this as it is just the most recent of many such talks…
Anyways, I pretty much have the cutest kids since…well, ever! Just look for yourself:

I know! Adorable!



(That's Ruth up there with her 2 friends Katie and Carly that came.)

So after a day of Ruth navigating us around the park with her handy map:



And Neil and Liam coming home with a new Pill Bug friend for our recently vacated bug box,(sorry dead cricket) we made our way home to vedge out for a few hours before eating a mountain of Green mashed potatoes, London broil and asparagus when dad got home.

BTW Ruth is Soooo excited now she can focus all her Holiday attention on the next holiday and perhaps the most exciting to her young mind...April 1st. Last year we drove to dads work and moved his car, then watched him wander around looking for it. I don't know if we can top it but she is determined to try and has already started a list (another of her little "isms" I so adore.) of possible gags. If you have any good ideas shoot me an email... :)

No comments: