Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas time at the dead animal store!

December 8, 2008
My kids got excited when we told them we were going to see Santa for family night, they got really excited when we told them we were going to see him at the dead animal store (Bass Pro Shops). It was actually pretty cool; they had some stuffed reindeer right next to Santa, (luckily no one asked how the sleigh was going to fly with Donnor and Blitzen stuffed and glassy eyed...)





Liam was enthralled with the 'too too tain' and Neil was in love with the Red Ryder Laser Range so standing in line was a breeze, besides the fact that the line wasn’t bad at all.


Liam was a bit apprehensive about standing with Santa for the picture; I missed the picture of him giving Mr. Claus the eyeball (dang delayed flash!) But the pictures turned out pretty good. I got those sweaters for the boys at a Garage sale about 3 1/2 years ago in the hopes that I could use them. (My little Liam looks so big in these pictures; he was so excited to look just: "Ike Nee Nee")


We walked around for a bit afterwards; they loved the huge fish tanks and the little river.



We spent quite a bit of time in the gun room upstairs looking at the African animals. (Marcus was looking at the Guns...) Liam growled a lot. They also liked the Bears. *gasp* :shudder::: who's children are these?

I touched one of its claws and my heart seriously started racing. I had to walk away; it was ridiculous.


Don't these just look like the eyes of a killer?

It was a good time, Im glad we went and we will probably do this again next year. The mall is over rated with their cardboard and plastic reindeer.

2 comments:

AUBREY said...

Looks like you had a fun time at the dead animal store. The kids looked darling. What cute grandchildren I have.
By the way this is Grandm and not Aubrey.

Anonymous said...

You guy's are smart to get the "real" thing:) You can't beat a real (stuffed) reindeer! That last pic with the bear freiked me out a little. lol:)