
September 20, 2008
I have tried for an hour to express my feelings about how deeply I was affected by the passing of my sweet nephew Ian, but everything sounded phony. In this picture I was about 22 weeks pregnant with Liam who was supposed to be a week or so older than Ian; holding him like this seeing the little nose and mouth that already looked so much like Lukes, and knowing he only had moments left was the hardest thing I have ever done. I can't even imagine how heart wrenching this was for Travis and Callie. I deeply regret not having kissing his sweet face while he was alive.
+of+Ian+Myles+002.jpg)
Travis and Callie are amazing, and I admire them for enduring so well all the trials they have been through in the past few years. Leaving the hospital without your baby, then having to smile and act like you were okay at his memorial would have been more than I could take, yet they were calm and giving comfort to those of us who were meant to be comforting them. I love you guys!

Im so thankful for the knowledge that we will see our loved ones again after they pass away. That doesn’t always make it easy to see Ruth, Carter, Neil and Luke, playing, with Liam tagging along by himself and knowing someone is missing, but how comforting to know that little Ian is back with his Father in heaven waiting for the day he can be with is family again.
Happy birthday Ian we all miss you and love you!









2 comments:
What a beautiful tribute,Megan. That was so touching to me. Thank you so much for that.
I love you!
I remember you telling me about this and being so in awe of Callie and Travis' strength. These pictures are very sweet. I hope they are still feeling the comfort that is so needed!
Post a Comment