Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy October everyone! It's once again my favorite time of year when we can finally enjoy being outside again!
Adele loves to be in the swing outside watching the kids play, I took this picture on Saturday when it was a bit warmer, it was kinda chilly today though. :) Neil walked outside this morning when we took Ruth to school and came back in saying (in shocked tones) "It's Freezing!" (all of 78 degrees) It is the kind of weather that invites you to go walking. I'm setting a goal for myself to start walking Ruth to school, and I'm actually excited about it! (actually I'm really excited to be able to start wearing my jeans without suckin it in if you know what i mean.) Part of my goal will be to stop eating the cookie of the week for breakfast and lunch...and in between... I keep making batches of cookies, cooking a dozen and refrigerating the rest for the next day. So, to kick off my goal, we went walking for a 1/2 hour after we took Ruth to school, and then again for FHE, we walked to Albertson's to get some milk for breakfast. I drank the rest of it with my cookies. Ruth and Neil held my hands while Marcus pushed Liam and Adele in the stroller. Walking with Neil is great resistance training; I think I pulled him like some kind of cart mule the whole way home. Hee hee, until we got on our street, I was tired of pulling them so I started running and then Marcus started running. A race. Only I had to stop when I heard Ruth and Neil bellering behind us. They both had a cramp from trying to keep up and were VERY upset. After they had calmed down, Neil kept saying "I didn't know mom could RUN!" I was surprised too actually, I think I made it about 8! house lengths, and I could have made it the final 3 if I hadn't been guilted into stopping by my crying babies. Maybe I will run a marathon too Karen. ;)
not. Our actual FHE lesson was about the importance of keeping a journal (its important because Mom finds the entries amusing) Of course with a lesson like that you need your very own journal right? Here is the first entry:
Neil's was no shocker, it was him and Dad playing xbox. Ruth's was her Running home, and Liam demanded a Lightning Mc Queen, and toes in his. Are you enjoying the weather?

HoOrAy FaLl!


PS. Stephanie! I cant get on your blog... :( we miss you guys. (and I don't have your email.)

2 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

Umm, I don't know if you mean me or Stephanie Brimley :) ...... but if you mean me my email is stephanieevans07@gmail.com

Blogspot has been giving me some problems the past couple days. Sometimes it will tell me the link is broken when I try to access my blog, but when I try again later it has worked. I don't know! ????

Karen said...

I am enjoying the weather and you are welcome to run with me anytime. I love the journals they are so cute.