Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Monday morning bright and...scratch that, it's still dark at 4:30am...EARLY, Marcus (my wonderful) drove me to the hospital where I parted company with my troublesome Gallbladder forever. *wipes a tear* (This is actually right before I had Adele on the way to the OR, but it seemed appropriate) My mom came over to care for our babies (thanks mom your awesome!) and then hung out the rest of the day. It was a little strange being in the hospital, getting gowned up, blood drawn, wheeled around and then to leave empty-handed. (I at least had a cute baby at home waiting for me...to look...at.) *sigh* I would actually prefer to have a c-section over this any day; the surgery went well though and I'm once again all dopey during the day. Luckily I have plenty of people willing to help me out. I had to pump and dump for the first 24 hours and my old post surgery method of getting in and out of bed had to be modified, but I'm doing well now thanks to the loan of a boppy (thanks Karen) and a few extra pillows in bed. So far so good, we will see how my body reacts once I start really eating again, I haven't had much of an appetite yet.I never ever thought I would take a picture of my midriff and then post it on the Internet, but hey, there is a first time for almost everything, right? :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

oh girlie! I am so sorry! My mom & mother in law had this done! If you need anything, let me know! Love ya!