Friday, September 11, 2009


I'm such a scatter-brain, I do a great job of remembering things as I lay down to go to sleep like "don't forget to pack a swimsuit" or "Its _________'s birthday tomorrow" but I can not for the life of me remember it in the morning until its too late. I knew today was 9-11, I had outfits planned and was going to put the flag out, but I didn't remember until noon. :( I almost took Ruth's flag shirt to school to let her put it on, (she is big on holidays and the coordinating t-shirts) and this one was an important one. It seems almost like its being forgotten, our neighborhood didn't put up flags like they do on other "flag raising" days, so I hung ours over our front doorway like last year. That picture was taken at 5:30 in the evening, but better late than never. I did talk to my kids about what happened and talked about the brave men and women in the armed forces protecting us. Neil told me he now wants to be an "Armor man" when he grows up :::bites knuckle::: I'm not going to discourage that but when he said that my first reaction was to say 'NO, how about being a Librarian?' I will be proud of him no matter what job he chooses. (Depending on the job) hee hee.

Let's not forget.

1 comment:

Stephanie Evans said...

You're such a good mom. I kept thinking I needed to put our flag out all day and it never got done. We were watching Glenn Beck today talk about how mad he is that the twin towers haven't been built back up. I looked at Trav and commented on how weird it will be that our kids won't have memories of that day. It will just be something they hear about. I hope I'm as "with it" as you are and make a point of teaching them about it. And I've also cringed at the thought of my son growing up and wanting to serve in the armed forces. Or worse yet, being drafted. Major nail biter. I would much rather have a male librarian in the family :)