My day started out an hour earlier than I had originally planned. I read the clock wrong, it was 6:30 when I got up instead of 7:30. I couldn't figure out why Marcus wasn't getting up and getting ready for work yet, I just figured he was sleeping in as a birthday present to himself. Yes, my wonderful turned 30 today. *sniff-sniff* (this means I'm only about a year and 3 weeks away from it myself)
Anyway! Ruth Started 1st grade today.

I have been having a harder time with first grade than I did with Kindergarten. I didn't know what to do this morning about dropping her off. I was planning on walking her in and staying until I knew she was where she needed to be, BUT I decided to call the school to ask them what the procedure was. The lady in the office said I did NOT have to walk her up and that the teachers were all going to be out there to make sure everyone ended up where they needed to be. Okay. So I didn't wake the boys up until the last second before we got in the car and they were all bleary eyed in their mis-matched hulk, Mr. incredible, and dinosaur jammies with no shoes on. I was totally cool with that though, we weren't getting out. I told Ruth that I would wait in the "parent drop off lane" until she found her teacher and waved at me. She never found her teacher, she just wandered around aimlessly, eventually just sanding still looking around. I tried to signal her from 50 yards away to come back when the bell rang and all the kids ran to line up but she just kept looking around for her teacher. I felt bad for my little lost lamb, but with my car full of kids and an impatient line of cars behind me what was I going to do?!?! Seriously what would you have done? You probably would have planned on unloading your kids from the very first and walked your Little first grader up to her class huh? Hind sight is *grumble$@#%$#* So (and please don't report me to CPS) I rolled down the windows a third of the way (so no one could get in or out) turned off the car and booked it across the playground as fast as my stitches would allow me to go. I did pretty good considering I was wearing the wrong kind of bra for such endeavors. *ahem* I grabbed her hand and whirled on the closest lanyard bedecked adult demanding to know where the 1st graders were to go. (all I could see were 2nd and 3rd grade line up cones.) Silly school put the 1st graders around the corner where no one could find them (Megan = no on... apparently everyone else found it OK) Once we made it over to the far side of the building her class had already gone inside so looking back and forth from the open door I was holding, to my car across the playground with 6 cars behind it... back to the open door, then down to Ruth. I squeezed her hand and said "Your room is the last one on <-- this side of the hallway, can you make it by yourself?" No one can accuse me of raising a jellyfish. She kissed me goodbye and bravely skipped off down the hall. I told her to ask a teacher if she couldn't find the room, it was the kinder hallway so I knew she would recognize the teachers. Then I took off bouncing back across the playground back to my car. I was feeling horribly guilty three different ways, my poor Ruthie (was FINE) My poor boys (were still 1/3 of the way asleep) the poor people waiting in cars behind me (were not IN their cars, they were empty!) Okay so I felt better and the whole thing took all of 60 seconds thanks to my running skills. I know I'm just rationalizing a sad case of child abandonment and now I have guilt again. I'm changing the subject.
Marcus turned 30 today so after we dropped Ruth off, we went home, ate breakfast, took Neil to his pre-school orientation, and then ended up at the grocery store. So relaxing to grocery shop. If every store had a kids club with a wii and movies, I would probably shop around more, but for now we only go to Fry's. Marcus couldn't decide if he wanted steak or Mexican food for his b-day dinner so I thought I would try my hand at carne asada. After an afternoon of chopping, prepping and trying to cajole Liam into actually laying down and resting in his bed instead of being a spider monkey we went and got Ruth and took Neil to Karate. I accidental took him 45 minutes early so we popped over to Wal-mart to buy Ruth and Neil's present for dad (socks, trick candles and silly string) Neil has had this silly string idea cooking up in his brain for about 5 months now. He was so excited that we were actually going to get to DO it. The original plan was to spray him when he was about to blow out the candles, but I wasn't sure how good an idea that was...is silly string flammable? and with trick candles... Anyway they just had dad close his eyes after he opened his socks and the rockin' new shades Uncle Reddin was kind enough to pick out for me. *Thanks Reddin* I immediately had regrets on the silly string in the house. I don't know why it took me until I told them to go ahead to be like "NOOOO!%^#%^&%$$#!!!!!!" but whatever. I needed to vacuum anyway (never got around to it from my last post.) I kicked them outside to play. We ended the evening with fathers blessings and this has been another long rambling post. *yaaawn*









2 comments:
I think your ramblings are great! Always intertaining and just fun stuff. You have a way with words and expressing your self. Love your first day of school experience. Love your kids! Love you and Marcus for that matter. Happy Birthday to the 30 old.
oops. Love my spelling-should be entertaining. Sorry!
Post a Comment