Tuesday, August 11, 2009


I just had to add this picture of Ruth after she dressed herself this morning. I thought this look, reminiscent of the 80's was especially funny after her tribute to the 70's yesterday with her "peace love and ice cream" shirt. This enormous shirt has a story behind it, last year I got her a school shirt, but it was grey and after learning that "NO GIRLS" wear the grey shirt I promised her i would buy her a pink one next year. Weeeeell this was last years shirt and an adult small was the smallest they had when I finally got up to the front of the line at meet the teacher night. I did get her a purple one in sort of her size (child's medium)but it doesn't have a crown on it. Don't you love the leggings though? I was shocked she wore them, (don't tell her leggings are tight...)
I gave Neil a haircut for his first day of school today. I thought for sure I had messed it up, but I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I think he maaaaaay have forgiven me for skitching it a little while ago because he was still able to flip it up for school. He did enjoy himself today, but It just wasn't the same as Mrs. Kerry. :( poor boy, what will he say next year with ANOTHER new teacher?)
Adele's "Um-bilicin" cord fell off today. Most people I have talked to find the umbilical cord stump on newborns icky, and while I certainly don't think they are precious, I still have a bit of a hard time saying goodbye when they fall off. It just doesn't seem like they are quite as...new, as they were moments before it falls off. I do love seeing what the button looks like though when it does fall off. Baby peices are so scrumptious. Seriously though, can any other creature elicit praise and adoration just from having armpit fat or thigh rolls? (I can't)

2 comments:

Brimley Family said...

Oh my gosh! Since we've been in UT I feel so out of the loop! I can't believe you already had your baby! She looks healthy and cute!!! Are you getting any sleep?

Paula said...

Definately a cute cute baby. I do love Ruthie's outfit. She is always creative. Love my little man off to school. I'm glad that Hillarie is back and had a great time.