It's a bit early to know for sure what Adele's preferences are, she nurses great and takes a bottle great, but they all did (Even Liam) for the first few weeks. Formula was actually all of their first meals except for Adele. One thing with her that I have noticed though, is she feels it necessary to feed on BOTH sides at most of her feedings. *sigh* I know 99% of people I talk to nurse that way as a standard, but my other babies have always gotten punch drunk on one side so I never ever fed on both sides, and to be honest I really liked it that way. Now I'm always mixed up on what side I should start on not knowing if she will decide its a feeding worthy of seconds or not. I often wonder if she actually NEEDS the second helping because this happens sometimes *not always* after she gorges:

Lucky dad right? her shirt was as bad off as his, its just harder to tell. I sometimes wonder if I'm just being used in lieu of a Binky since she (like Liam) isn't much interested in using a bink.
(believe me I have tried them all) I bought one of every shape and size for Liam, with no luck, and tried them all with Adele too. She will take the green hospital ones for all of 20 seconds or so but over all is not interested. I was at Target yesterday and she was grumpin' at me in her car seat and it dawned on me that I have never bought the NUK brand so on a whim I grabbed one off the shelf and popped it in her mouth (I know, another bad mom moment, I didn't boil it first...) and Lo and behold!
*It worked* Don't get me wrong, she isn't a fussy baby, the fact that she doesn't take a Binky only has me a little worried that she is going to be another one of these:
not that he isn't the cutest thing ever while he has his thumb in his mouth, I'm just worried about dental bills and the chance of him ingesting some creepy illness from a shopping cart. We will see how long she takes the NUK, I'm not buying more unless it looks like they are becoming fast friends. ( I hope they do, much easier to take away a bink than a thumb, believe me I have tried that too!) HOWEVER, if it does turn out that I have two thumb suckers, It wont be the end of the world, Nothing is cuter than a baby sucking it's thumb.
('specially mine)









No comments:
Post a Comment