Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ruth made this "toy" yesterday for the baby when she is born. I didn't have the heart to tell her that paper and tape were not really the best things for babies to play with, but I did tell her we could hang it up for her to look at. That's when she got out this bit of rope from last months combined family home evening.
Sometimes Ruth can be a bit tacky, like this morning when after putting on her Navy blue and Red sailor dress she put on lime green socks and Hot pink sandals. *sigh* I absolutely refused to let her go to church like that :::weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth ensue::: I had to physically remove the dress and take it away and make her put on a dress that had pink and green flowers on it. (It was easier than making her change the foot gear even though I shudder every time I see her wearing sandals and socks together.) Were going to Try again tomorrow to buy her something to wear on her feet to church. She has the shoes, its just the socks that we have issues with. She actually prefers pantie hoes, but gets frustrated when, while yanking them on, they rip. Never mind that I have told her a bazillion times that you have to do it carefully and I would LOVE to help her out when she puts them on... That was a total side track, back to the point which was the tacky rope on her picture for Adele. I asked her if she wouldn't rather have a pretty ribbon or something like that, but she looked at me like I was crazy and re-told the lesson Uncle Reddin gave about how families have to stick together to be strong like a rope and not stand alone like a string. The bit of rope she taped on her picture was given as a little reminder of the lesson, she felt it would be a good reminder to Adele as well. I was quite impressed with her little project and how she coordinated the family picture with the rope that represents us. Not sure about the fish and duck, that may be just for Adele's amusement.

Ruth <---pretty smart kid.
Uncle Reddin <---good lesson giver.

3 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

I love your stories..it makes me excited to have older kids. Such good material for the blog :)I love how Ruthie matches her clothes. Funny though that she is all about comfort but likes panty hose. Did you find some kind of "super hose" that isn't uncomfortable? Please share! And just curious, are you still good to go for the 22nd? Are you ready?!

M Evans said...

It is quite curious about the panty hose, she didn't used to like them when she was smaller, but I think she is okay with them now because she discovered the hemline across the toe is smaller than on socks. big hemline = unhappy Ruth.
P.S. Yes, We are all go for the 22nd

As Told By Molly said...

Only two days left! Man, I'm jealous. I love that Ruth is already thinking of ways to make the baby happy. I bet she's excited for her sister to finally come.