
Well people, we have reached the point in the pregnancy where we start telling inquiring minds how many weeks we have left, instead of how many weeks we are. By we, I mean Marcus and I, because I refuse to be pregnant myself. I especially make a point of waking him up to tell him I have to go to the bathroom...again. No I'm joking, all the creaking and groaning is completely uncontrollable. But I cant decide if I'm more excited about the fact that I have 6 weeks remaining, or if i find it more terrifying. Okay terrifying is a little strong, I'm not about to go screaming into the night...at a turtles pace holding my belly to keep all ligaments in place. Maybe intimidated is a better way to put it; I just have a few things I need to deal with first:
#1. I still haven't decided how to arrange things for another child. I have plenty of space...in the car, bedrooms, dressers, at the table and in my heart, but its all a matter of sorting. Would it be better to put Ruth in the way back of the Pilot or would Neil be better suited to it? Should I move the girls together from the start so I can have my "extra" room now, or should I wait until she is Liam's age to upgrade the Nursery? *sigh*
#2. Every pregnancy (aside from the never ending one called Ruth) has gone by faster than the last for me. I was so excited to find a pack of my fav. Johnson and Johnson nursing pads for 50 cents!!! (I KNOW) today at CVS, and Lansinoh cream for $1!! (I love clearance racks) Then I realized how soon I was going to be using them and a missed a step, (and not because I couldn't see around my belly!) all sorts of little things get me really excited only to floor me a moment later. Like seeing this:
0-6 month clothes, clean and folded with no place to go, but ready none the less...
Do you think she is ready for church? That's a lot of fluff for such a little person, that's the blessing dress on the end,(It has a whole other story that I will go into later, I thought it would clean up a little whiter but is there really a rule that says it HAS to be white? Seriously if there is tell me...) Anyway, whenever I see these itty bitty fluffy clothes I get all excited to be having another girl :::fingers crossed for another one just like my Ruthie::: My only fear is puberty and what an emotional mess that can be. So other than being a little nervous about the sprint to the finish line (ha ha that's a picture) I just have to say, #3. Not once in any of my previous pregnancies did someone rub my belly without asking first. I'm totally cool letting people feel my babies kick or laugh at the never ending rounds of hiccups, but I think this kid is going to come out thinking its a cat! I can see why women wear the shirts that say things like: "rub my belly and lose a hand", its kind of a strange feeling to just have someone...rub you in passing. I can’t figure out how to react.
#4 despite the fact that everyone keeps asking where I'm hiding the baby with 6 weeks left till D-day, in the past week my stretch marks have gone from a manageable ghostly silver to faint pink with purple undertones warning of the colors to come.
#5 I'm not so sure my current baby is going to want to stop being the baby when the time comes for him to be a big brother. Don't get me wrong! Liam adores babies, he couldn't get enough of his little cousin Kayda and points out babies all the time, I just get nervous at times like these:
We were at Burlington and I was just browsing but he felt like he really needed to try this baby bassinet out. I told him it was for babies and he was a big boy but he got indignant and frowned at me while he said "I NOT big boy ANYmore." (his new phrase for all of you that don't know is: "I NOT __________ ANYmore." fill in the blank with anything he particularly doesn't like at that moment.) I did humor him this time but he got upset and threw himself to the ground when I wouldn't let him into the pack and plays and excercaucers. People probably thought I was a horrid mom walking away from my "NOT big boy" while he writhed on the ground. *sigh* I told him if he stopped crying I would let him ride in an umbrella stroller until we left, is that giving in or compromising?
This is also the cart he prefers me to get when we go to Target. He thinks its awesome! I did too until I realized this last time that I was going to have to stop because I would have a baby carrier soon and a 3 year old in one of these seats is just ridiculous. Right?*whew!* I do feel better now, thanks to anyone who hung in there long enough to finish this post you are a great listener.
PS. she just woke up and shifted and I swear that stretch mark looks angrier than it did a minute ago...









1 comment:
Ahhh, this makes me so very baby hungry. You seem to be doing well. Also, I think that yellowed blessing dresses are the best! I may wash my next one with tea just to get the antique look. Ok, actually that is way too much work for a one day dress. I think it is funny that people rub your stomach, noone ever touched mine. I was pretty grumpy in public though because of the heat. Maybe that warned them off. I was going to tell you a story but this post is too long. I go email you instead. Love ya! CUTE swim pics!
Post a Comment