

Swimming "lessons"


(I know Trav, she is definitely angled towards the side of the pool, but! No noodle right? And I think the Whale burps have diminished somewhat... Neil only has the floaty to go off the diving board, still wont do airplane though)Cooking lessons, this is Ruth and Neils bread I asked them to butter for making a ham and cheese melt...Neil's butter was like 1/2 inch thick! It was awesome.

We joined Harkins summer movie club where we have thus far been delighted by "Space Chimps" and "Nim's island"
We have also done some major DE-cluttering (or is it nesting?) where most of the toys have gone into the "donate" pile including Ruth's toy box and most of it's contents. Ive decided I'm no longer buying toys for my kids(especially battery operated ones!); biggest racket out there. Most of the stuff they got for Christmas is either broken, hasn't been looked at more than twice or was incredibly, brain mushingly addictive (yes I'm talking to you George Lucas). I already have a brainstorm list of possible Christmas gifts besides "art" supplies and books. Neil is fascinated by Dustbuster's, Ruth loves helping in the kitchen and Rachel Ray makes a kids knife with a somehow cut proof glove...and Ive been wanting to make a table cloth that would go all the way to the ground that would double as a play house that Liam would love. (complete with doors, windows and pockets. Marcus even elaborated on the idea of making PVC tunnels. We will let the engineer, engineer that part though.) I knew I didn't want to buy Ruth an easy bake oven! I should have just bought her a REAL convection oven. (used with adult supervision of course!) (Ive been wanting one for outside cooking in the summer time anyway...) Another thought I had was luggage. What kid out there doesn't LOVE those Roll behind suitcases? I should buy one of those as a diaper bag, I would never have to carry one again! It would be pulled for me by one of my ducks! (then maybe I would have a diaper when I needed it because I don't carry a diaper bag.)
Anyway, I feel better talking with you about this, thanks for listening and let me know if you have any other great ideas for gifts that don't come off a TOY isle.









No comments:
Post a Comment