Thursday, June 11, 2009

*Flashback Friday*

I started my blog in July of last year just a few weeks after my older brother became a Border Patrol Officer. I should have just blogged about it then, but thought I would wait until his birthday to do so. Not sure what I was thinking seeing how his Birthday is June 9th, almost a complete year later. So I held off and held off, and yes as you can see, it’s now June 12 No, I didn’t forget his birthday, just forgot to blog about it... HOWEVER Thanks to Molly and her wonderful "Flashback Friday" posts, I can save a bit of face by stealing her idea... Im just not sure if I want to flashback to his birthday a few days ago on the 9th, or flashback to July 2, 2008.
My brother Travis turned 31 the other day and I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to him and let him know how proud I am of his accomplishments. He is the only one of us 5 kids to graduate from college (not that my other brothers aren’t successful...they are!) and he also made it through the border patrol training (no easy feat!) and managed to snag himself quite a few awards (and the nickname "Little Mermaid") in the process. He now lives in down south of Tucson with his wife Callie and 2 boys Carter and Luke (Ruth and Neil say Hi boys! Oh Liam did to, of course...) where he patrols the border and keeps his family up at nights with some of the tales he tells. He should seriously write a book, and I should stop watching the news when they talk about the danger on the border. HaPpY BiRtHdAy TrAvIs! :) We love you!

No comments: