Saturday, May 9, 2009

Thursday night was not a fun night, Marcus and I did not sleep well, we were both nauseated. :( So Friday morning when I remembered that Ruth had a mothers day lunch at her school *(moms only)* and I forgot to secure a babysitter I thought I had scored an easy out with Marcus not feeling well. But nope when I went back into the room after getting Ruth up he was laying back on the bed with one shoe tied and one almost tied fighting a wave of nausea. As I was fixing Ruth's hair we had to make a hasty exit from the bathroom because dad finally lost the battle with his stomach. Yet he was still preparing to go to work thinking the worst was over and he could go on with his day now. So after he left I called my visiting teacher (thank heavens for them) and she agreed to watch the boys so I could go eat lunch with my Ruthie. Not even an hour later Marcus called me and said he was on his way home because he had ralphed again only this time while he was on the phone at work long distance...in a cube. Anyone who knows the Evans' knows that they are the loudest barfers, perhaps ever. I really get nervous when I hear it, He sounds like he is dying. ANYWAY, he was embarrassed, his office mate had just walked in (and later said how very impressed he was that Marcus was able to continue a conversation, while throwing up, with a very effective use of the mute button) So Marcus made it home just in time for me to drag myself back out of bed and leave. (I canceled on my visiting teacher, I think she was a little bummed, she likes to feel like she is really helping me) The first thing they had the moms do when they got there was take a sticky note off the door with your kids name on it and find the picture drawn of you, by them. It took me all of 30 seconds to pick out which one Ruth drew of me. She has a very distinctive way of depicting mouths...wouldn't you say?
It reminds me a bit of a Muppet; Jim Henson watch out! (This is a picture of it proudly hung on our fridge; it rather gave Marcus a bad start when he came out for a drink of water.)

Then we got to eat lunch (I was terrified it was going to be lasagna, I think another teacher was making that though) the smell was bowling me over though and we watched a little video her teacher made of her interviewing the kids. She would ask each one why they though their mom loved them. Most of the kids answered with "She makes me food." or "she's nice" Not Ruth she answered with a very practical "Because she is my Mother." she even had that "no duh" look on her face. When her teacher asked her why she loved me she answered the same way only "Because I'm her Daughter". Marcus just laughed when I told him. I told him to watch out because Next week was the special fathers day lunch and the teacher was having them do the exact same thing for their dads. (Marcus just found out that he is going to be away for work though so Ruth was a bit bummed that he wouldn't be there.)


Here's Ruth and I after we ate lunch, I was very nauseated in this picture.

I went home and went back to bed after setting Neil up on PBS.org. I kept hearing him mutter stuff at the computer as I dozed. An hour later I get a call from the school saying Ruth had thrown up. *yeah* so I went and got her. She was all embarrassed she said she made most of it into the trash can but some of it went on the floor. I told her what happened to dad and she felt better. So everyone was in bed for the rest of the day but poor Neil, he was so bored. There is only so many videos, video games, and computer time you can log in in one day.

PS. Liam had been sick earlier this week. We were at the grocery store when he got that look on his face. That dang mom instinct kicked in and I immediately grabbed a Paula Deen baking pan off a nearby shelf and caught 90% of the throw up in that. Then, there I was, standing in front of the yogurt case with a pan full of barf thinking to myself. "Why the crap did I just ruin this pan when they have a backroom full of mops?!?" I felt so dumb flagging down a passing salesman while my 2 year old was crying and drooling; so sure that everyone was thinking *SWINE FLU* as they beat a hasty retreat. Probably should have bought that pan...I didn't. Poor Paula Deen.

All I can say is I hope the end is in sight, I still feel nauseated, I kept having to lay down! (Then I thought, 'is this what most women suffer through during pregnancy?!?') It’s really terrible. I was trying to make (or cook as he so lovingly put it) Liam a "Sammach with jelly and peanu-butter" but after having to lay down twice, once because of a rolling stomach and the other time because I started passing out, I finally asked Marcus to do it.

Complain complain complain! Sorry everyone, what a whiny post!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Great post. That just kind of sums up being a mom--having to keep going even though you feel like death on a soda cracker. I love the barfing stories. I love the start Marcus got from seeing you picture Ruth drew of you on the frig. I had to laugh. I hope you are feeling better. You can call me anytime to watch your boys.

Katie said...

Oh my gosh Megan, that Paula Deen barfing pan is one of the best mom stories ever! I hate vomit, mine or anyone elses. Amber is sick from like week five on- she came over the other day and immediately put out my candle and made me put away the pizza we had for dinner. Poor thing is sooo sensitive. But I do get all her shampoo and perfume that she can't stand once she is pregnant. I am sorry you had to go through this, especially with a sick husband, that just tops it all.