Thursday, April 9, 2009

March 31, 2009
Ruth had her second Field trip today to the Stuffington bear factory. They were supposed to wear a school T-shirt or the school colors so I told Ruth to get her school shirt out and ready for the next morning. She told me she couldn't find it, I told her I saw it hanging up yesterday and to look harder. She told me it was itchy, I said It was NOT itchy and demanded the real reason for her poochie face. Tears welled up and she said all the GIRLS wear a PINK school shirt with jewels on it. :::guilt::: I know I do that all to often, I got her the gray shirt thinking ahead to the 2 boys who would one day be going to the same school and how I could get away with buying a great hand me down. WRONG! I do the same think with stuff like snow suits (they are all black, green,blue and red) and her booster is not the coveted pink with butterflies, but drab black and blue. Maybe with another little girl on the way I can justify more pink hand me downs like the Pink bejeweled school shirt I promised her next year if she would just wear the great one the next day.
White gluing some rhinestones she happened to have onto the shirt helped.


(though I'm told she wore her jacket zipped up the whole time...)
Liam and I went to see her off onto the bus, and almost every little girl had on a pink shirt.




















Megan <---bad mom.


All the famous pink shirts...



(That's Ruth's Lunch for the Field trip, she taught herself to write in cursive! What a nut!)















April 2, 2009

Neil had his 3rd field trip to Bounce-U today; Ruth got to skip class for a few hours to join the fun.

It was a super fun place to go, very parent/child interactive. Especially when your youngest is to small to make it over the obstacle course, or up the huge slide themselves. I'm just glad I wasn't any bigger, crawling through the tubes as is was almost too much for me. I was quite pleased with the burn in my bum from climbing the stairs repeatedly to zip down the slide.





When the room started spinning and the ligaments were screaming, I sent Ruth in to be mommy, which of course she didn't mind at all. Her methods were a little funny, she would somehow send him over the climbing wall feet first (it was at least 4 feet tall too!) and he always rode behind her down the slide, but they had a good time. Neil spent a lot of time playing air hockey, he loves that game. Then we had pizza and watched a bit of a movie, and went home nice and pooped. *sigh* I'm glad field trips are over for a while.

No comments: