So I LOVE my new bedroom, we still haven't taken the plastic off the drawer pulls or the bench, but I have polished it twice and am slowly transferring our clothes from the closet to the drawers, and filling up the shelves in the closet with food storage! A bit unconventional, but I do enjoy having some of my snacks so close at hand for those 2am cravings. Seriously I got up at 3:30 the other night STARVING and had to have some honey nut cheerios! I'm not taking pictures of it until I get the room painted and replace my ratty old queen size blanket (which I hate to get rid of, rips and all, because it's the perfect weight...) with a new one.
We decided to put our old bed in Neil's room for the boys to eventually share. Given Neil's penchant for midnight wanderings and Liam's age, we didn't think either would do well on a top bunk so this was our conclusion. I didn't plan on putting Liam in there with Neil until Adele is a few months old, she can sleep in the bassinet by my bed until she is sleeping more than a few hours at a time during the night. (I don't do well getting up for feedings so I just pull them into bed with me...)

The boys thought the big bed was really REALLY cool and Liam wanted to sleep in Neils room, so I thought we would give it a go. I really didn't expect it to last more than a few hours, but Neil assured me that he "would watch out for him Mom, don't worry." and not 2 minutes after tucking them in and saying goodnight all I could hear was Liam's horsey flashlight neighing and Neil trying to shush him. So I went back and told Liam to sleep quietly or he would have to go to his room. 3 minutes later this time when I peeked in this is what I found:
So we went to bed. We WERE roused at 6:30 by a crying Liam who says he fell out of bed, how he managed that being tucked up in the corner by the wall I just don't know, but he told me when asked he wanted his crib for bed that night. (he actually had a little fit when I put him there after all but I'm not ready yet for him to be out of the crib permanently.)









No comments:
Post a Comment