Saturday, April 18, 2009


April 17, 2009

Well Friday was Field day at Ruth's school where they had a variety of activities for the kids to participate in set up in and around the school. I signed up to help out because Ruth kept begging me to come be a parent helper on the next field trip or to come help in her classroom. (not exactly my idea of fun, I guess im not one of those great proactive PTSO moms) I also use Neil and Liam as an excuse, and actually tried to this time too but her teacher said sibblings were ok to bring. The boys had fun though, Liam was a great thumb-sucking observer
(maybe I wont have a problem with it if Adele decides she likes her thumb, Liam is so nice and mellow; content to sit in my lap and watch.) Neil got great kindergarten prep, I made him line up with the class and walk in a line, he felt very grown up to be able to use the BOYS bathroom by himself (I make him use the womens with me) and he actually wasn't much shorter than the other kids. With one more year of preschool under his belt he should have no problem transitioning to Kindergarten.
Some of the favorite stations of the day were: T-ball off a large cone,
the parachute (remember that from P.E. growing up? I loved the parachute!)
potato sack races (Ruth won both times)





















Ropes in the Gym (another classic!)





















and squirting each other with spray bottles. (seriously, that was the only activity that involved water. Why they got the kids all psyched up by telling them to wear swimsuits and water proof shoes is beyond me.)




















Good times had by all. I was really craving a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's when all was said and done though. It's been a good 10 years since Ive had one of those, I got a real grissly peice of chicken once and it put me off. Adele has been doing that to me lately though. I have found myself eating food I haven't eaten in a long time with her including Mac and cheese, and tuna (not together) I found one too many bones/fish skin in a can once) I buy the envelopes of tuna now, I know, but it makes me feel better about it, like they spend more time picking out the cat food before putting it in the people food container. Anyway, so that was "field day" with Ruth.

No comments: