Monday, March 23, 2009

What a fun weekend we had, first of all Ruth had her first slumber party on Friday night at her cousins house. She hasn't been to keen on the idea whenever Sawyer has asked, but apparently the time was right this time, so she went and had her fun without even a 2am phone call asking to come home. (Awesome! Not that I would have been the one going and getting her...) AND Marcus came home from work with a packet of papers. After looking at them for a second I realized it was My birthday present! Happy birthday to me! this is the picture off the website, I'm excited. (and hoping that April fools delivery date means nothing other than we're dropping your furniture off.) The following day My brother Myles' kids Ayden and Ella came over to spend the afternoon with us and to have a sleepover. We spent the evening pretty low key, The boys were glued to the XBOX, and I took the girls to rent Barbie Mariposa and The Fox and the hound 2. They watched it while they enjoyed grahm crackers and pink frosting. Saturday morning I got rid of those frozen, lame excuses for french toast that Krusteze makes... "Thanks Aunt Megan! We love these!" I offered to give them some of the fresh ones I made but no one but Marcus, Liam and I were interested. *score* Then we drove out to Luke Air Force Base to see the "Thunder in the Desert" along with everyone else in the valley. After we drove all the way out there... paid, parked and unloaded all 5 kids to wait in line for the park and ride buses (it was hot, dusty and grasshopper infested) We start to notice a lot of murmuring, frustrated looks and people leaving line to go back to their cars with their red faced kids. Marcus overheard someone saying that they had been in line for over an hour and hadn't seen a bus for about 30 minutes, so we joined the rest of the parents leaving with their kids after only about 10 minutes in line. After we loaded everyone back into the car, buckled into car seats and pulled forward in an attempt to nose our way into the "were leaving" line. We didn't go anywhere. Then we noticed 3 buses coming, then another 4. SO I got out with Liam to see if the line was going or not and by the time I called Marcus to tell him to come on I was already through the line and just waiting for them. The little kids were excited to get to ride a School bus for the first time, while Ruth and Ayden were old pros (Ruth having taken the bus once for a school field trip, and doing a fire buss drill another time) Ruth, Ella and Me... Liam and Marcus Neil and Ayden We saw some pretty cool airplanes on the bus out the windows, that's about when the kids decided they were hungry...or STARVING. It was hot in the sun, lines were long to see inside the air crafts and we were trying to stay upwind of the carnival food (I'm cheap and we had food in the car) I did get some pretty cute pictures in the 40 minutes we were there: One of the big air crafts Marcus could tell you the name of but which I do not, and have no desire to research... This plane had February written on it, Ruth thought that was cool since that's her birth month. Boys on a "Boy" fire truck My lame alternative to standing in line to get inside the Helicopter... The girls by the "Girl" Fire truck. It's the Breast cancer awareness one. It even had pink fire suits with pink helmets, pink leather interior... it was pretty cool. This is the kids looking at the armed guards by one of the planes. His gun was pretty impressive... So Marcus and I decided that next time we would come better prepared... I say without kids and with comfy chairs, he says with a cooler, leave earlier to get there and the kids would be fine. We will see what happens. After ham sammies in the car to satisfy those that were 'starving', we had to stop to get bounce house patches at "The Dead Animal Store" (Cabella's) down the road before we came back home, Marcus said: "Im just going to run and get what I need and will meet you up front." The kids were entertained looking at the 'stuffed' animals for a few minutes, but then we had to take a trip to the potty and Neil got lost, then I found Marcus and we were leaving and Ruth got lost. I was so ready to come home after this. Long day, worth it in the end I think, but Looooooooong day. SUNDAY, we had a birthday party for Ayden at our house, I didnt take many pictures but here is a cake video I thought was hilarious.


My own Blue Man, I was sure it would stain his skin, but it came right off.

3 comments:

Karen said...

How fun I am glad you had a good weekend, and I am happy Ruth slept over Yea!

Paula said...

Was Liam saying blue teeth or blue cheese? How funny he is. Great pics at the air show. I'm glad you survived!

M Evans said...

He was saying "Blue Cheeks!" Everyone was laughing at him so the blue cheeks kept getting bigger. I guess he likes being the center of attention! Anyone surprised? He is Ruth and Neils brother.