
Sometimes I wonder about my kids...
I know I probably shouldn’t, if I thought about it long enough I could probably think up a few of my own childhood 'eye rolling dirty looks from the mom' incidents but Look at Neil. It actually ended up being a cute picture because he refused to cooperate unless he could pose with Liam, but he has 3 layers of clothes on. He is too lazy to change out of dirty clothes these days so he puts the clean ones over the dirty ones. (This includes socks and underwear) Every morning I tell him to take EVERYTHING off and put clean stuff NOT OFF THE FLOOR back on. It never fails he either puts something dirty on or doesn’t change something. (And to make matters worse, he has grown an amazing amount in a very short little while and all his pants are too short) *sigh*
Then there is my Ruth who took a bath yesterday after school before we went out, and after getting clean & drying off...she puts the exact same clothes she had worn all day, right back on. (Again, including underwear and socks) I could tell by the look on her face when I asked that she knew it was gross, so why do they do it? *sigh* Ruth is also my little miss who loves to be comfortable. She hates clothes that even give the illusion of being tight, including: cute little puffy sleeves, dresses with a tie around the waist, most jeans, headbands, necklaces, bracelets, shoes (they have to be a size or so too big on her) socks with an abnormal hemline not sitting exactly across her toes and underwear. Basically I have been buying her clothes the next size up for 4 years now to make sure they weren’t too tight (or fitting okay) and we finally have an understanding with her clothes, I buy her the novelty socks from the dollar bin at Target, stretchy pants (NOT TAPERED) from the Children’s place and shirts and shoes a size too big and we're good. I thought that I would be doing a good thing, upon hearing her complain about her undies having holes or faded princesses, to buy her some brand new beautiful undies in a comfortable size bigger than she needed them, but apparently not, they are TOO big. Now she wears the same two ratty pair or NONE at all. It's driving me nuts. I guess I will have to go buy her some more and hope they aren’t too tall or too tight around the legs. (I refuse to buy her bikini briefs, even though they make them in her size and she hates how high the 'granny' style goes.) My mom thinks I'm crazy when I say I will have to ask Ruth if she likes it before I buy something for her because she is that stubborn about her comfort. The girl knows what she likes and I guess Neil does too.









1 comment:
Your kids crack me up with their clothes. I can relate to some extent because I had some similar in more or less the same way. Hang in there they do grow out of it somewhat.
Post a Comment