Saturday, January 3, 2009





January 2, 2009
What a fun day we had! We decided last minute to go up to the snow on Friday and we had a great time. We didn't have any show shoes for Ruth so we went out and checked a few thrift stores without any luck. I ended up sucking it up and buying new my first article of children's snow paraphernalia. The smallest size was a 4 though so I told her she had to wear them for at least 3 hopefully 4 years to make the price worth it. Shouldn't be too much of a problem since she is a size 1 1/2.
We stopped in Payson to eat, I had to have Taco Bell, along with everyone else visiting the snow that day. I spilled my water cup twice, I'm sure the man at the table next to us thought I was retarded, Oh well, it gave Neil a good laugh.
We were going to just go to the gravel pits, but it was insane how many people were there so we pulled off where Marcus and Ruth had Daddy Daughters and it was the best spot ever, with only one other family there. It was a really long run, not too steep, but Marcus bought us a super fast sled so it was perfect. The kids were in heaven and Marcus got quite the work out. Then the other Family left and let us take over their fire and Ruth got an idea of how she sounds when she is being bratty. A man and his two girls about 12 and 15 came, they were dressed quite ridiculously in Jammie pants sweatshirts and canvas shoes so I knew they wouldn't stay long. The girl was just being so snotty saying how cold it was and if this was the only hill they were going to be on and then that she was going first. Ruth was watching and said "That girl is not talking nice to her dad...I would never talk to my dad like that, especially going on a fun snow trip." I had to gently remind her about the fit she threw about her snow pants giving her a snuggy , the two socks I made her wear to make up for the huge size of the boots and how I tried to get her to put on some of the big adult size gloves because Liam didn't have any. She would not do it, and decided cotton mittens were preferable to to big water proof ones. (she changed her mind, extolling the virtues of the big ones about 1/2 hour in.) After that she was very nice still talking about how rude that girl was to her dad, hopefully she will remember that long into her teen years. *fingers crossed*
We stopped in Payson again, this time for dinner at Chili's. The kids watched A Bee Movie on the way home, I got car sick but made it home without embarrassing myself. That means I only have to throw up once more and I'm good for the rest of this pregnancy! Good times, I thought it was funny how Liam was wearing the same snow suit he wore last year. It's a size 3 so maybe one more year?
This is last year when we went to the snow!

No comments: