
1-15-2009
Neil and his class have been learning about things and places that are cold (and animals that live in the cold) so as a close to the unit they went on a field trip to an ice cream parlour to learn everything about ice cream.

They got to go in the big walk in refrigerator and check out where all the cream, milk, fresh fruit, eggs etc. is kept...
I missed the picture of them checking out the ice cream maker, Liam was feeling clingy, but here they are looking at the huge tubs of fresh made ice cream in one of their giant freezers. And at the end of the store tour they got to pick out ice cream to taste, Neil got cotton candy with sprinkles and whipped cream, and Liam got the ice cream that was mistakenly scooped, vanilla birthday cake with gummy bears. 

They were supposed to be listening to the lady from Superstition cow farm talk about the different cows, their udders, how much milk they produce, and each animal’s temperament. She was pretty boring, I'm not sure how much the kids retained, I obviously tuned her out a bit, but they had fun. I ordered myself a strawberry ice-cream (that I of course paid for later) and we went home.
Speaking of paying for it later, Marcus and I went to the Perinatologist on Wednesday. I'm pretty sure she advised me to get the surgery during my 2nd trimester; you know Dr.'s, they always have to cover their tails. So now were on to round 3 with meeting with the general surgeon and then probably back to my OB who will yet again advise me against it and send me to talk with another sort of specialist. *Sigh* It's a good thing gas prices are still relatively low; I just feel bad having to find people to watch my boys for the never quick appts.









No comments:
Post a Comment