Monday, December 1, 2008






Turkey Trot! I love going to the turkey trot, we usually walk the fun run, but we were late and didn't even do that this year! LAZY! Oh well, the weather was beautiful; and we were in good company.

This is after the Turkey Trot at Grandma Holly's house.

Marcus teaching Liam how to be the best turkey carver EVER.


Carter accidently dipped his carrots into white poster paint and was all upset about it until his dad suggested he pull a prank on Uncle Tyler. This is Tyler’s reaction when he realized he hadn’t eaten funky celery, but poster paint. I missed carter in the picture though, he was beating a hasty retreat!



The kids were having a really great time playing in the muck getting dirty, so instead of making them come in and scrub up like a good parent would have… :) We set up a table outside and let them have their own thanksgiving.



Carter called on Ruth to say the prayer. (that's not my son peeking!)









Liam was a mess by the time he was done eating, he would play, go run and grab a bite of food then run back to play with the kids; im not sure how much dirt he ate today, probably a lot.


We went over to Grandma and Grandpa Evans' house for the rest of the evening; I didn’t take any pictures because my camera battery died, but we mostly just searched the black Friday ads, ate some yummy jell-o salad and visited. My stomach started hurting so I didn’t have anything, except a small bite of rice crispy treats with Reddin’s home made marshmallows (Mmmmmmmm). Not surprising that my stomach would hurt, after all, I did eat 4 of Callie’s wonderful rolls on top of a whole plate of turkey dinner, (what talented in-laws I have:) but this was one of the stomach aches I had begun to recognize as something a little different. I had been getting them for about 6 or 8 months now and they always localize under my right ribs. Usually starting in the evening, a few pain killers always made the pain gone by morning. This time it was so much worse; a left over Percocet from my last C-section FINALLY worked by morning (so I was able to get some good shopping in) We had Burger king for lunch and Left over turkey dinner later that evening. The pain came back with a vengeance; NOTHING helped. Around 4am Marcus couldn’t sleep for all my moaning and groaning so he got up and got on WebMD. A morning trip to the ER confirmed our suspicions that it was Gall Stones. *yeah* Ruth made me this lovely card

it says: “Get Betr”. Im workin’ on it, I don’t know how long I can live on this low/no fat diet; I need cheese! (And chocolate) I go to the Dr. Tomorrow so hopefully they will have good news for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Not gall stones. I have heard those hurt like no other. I am so sorry and I hope that it gets better. I can't imagine having to live onthat kind of diet and I know how much you love your food, so I am hopeing for a quick recovery for you! Let me know how it goes!

Amber Bryce said...

Megan, it was so good to see you the other day. You're kids are so cute. And I really like your daughter's middle name (mine's spelled Linn).