I've finally gotten into the Christmas spirit this year! Its been about 3 years since I was excited to decorate and prepare myself for the big day, maybe its all my new things I get to put up for the first time this year, (I love after Christmas Sales)I will have to keep that in mind this year, for next year. Some of my new exciting decorations are:

My tree that I bought after Christmas last year decked out in my fav. jingle bell garland and freshly spray painted dangly earrings. (I figure since I cant wear them myself, I can still enjoy them:)


My Angel came last year right before Christmas, but I was still excited to see her again this year (when I found where I had put her). I have been looking for 5 years for an affordable Madame Alexander Tree Topper I liked. Hooray for ebay!

Some of my other new Holiday items are:

"the Stockings were hung..." plaque.
I thought I was so clever to think this up, I had it all planned how I would create this with stensels and such, then I walked into the Rustic Hutch (were I bought these:) and there it was. vinyl lettering all ready to stick to a board. So much for good ideas...


my everlasting jingle bell mistletoe and 2 new pine trees that I added to my little tree collection.

I will just add to my Forrest each year, were a bit sparse right now but with the ensuing years we will fill out quite nicely and probably have to do some pruning.
And last but certainly not least:

My nativity addition for the year. Mark Mabry's Reflections of Christ really moved me i knew when I saw this picture I had to have it. Not sure if its because it was photographs of actual people that made the stories of our Savior really come alive to me, or the fact that it was pictures of the Easter Pageant (probably both), but I have been faithfully awaiting the day he would sell his prints. I (borrowed) the frame from Marcus' picture of Christ walking on the water so the little plaque says "Peace be still" instead of "Fear not..." but I think it worked out okay and it sure beats paying to have it framed at Michael's. So Hooray for Christmas, and Hooray for New Christmas decorations!









1 comment:
I love it all! I can't wait to come see it in person! I especially love your jingle bell garland. Where did you get that? I would love to have something like that. I do love your print also. And the stocking thing was so cute.
Post a Comment