Neil had a great day today; he ate leftover donuts for breakfast and then nothing but Halloween candy until mom got home and made dinner. He was in great spirits the whole time I was cooking, and then all of a sudden he said his head hurt and started crying. I thought he was dehydrated and thirsty so I was force feeding him his dinner and water. I finally told him just to go lay on his bed and he seemed to be better...until he started throwing up. *bleh* I was still eating so Marcus had to strip his sheets and put him in the tub. He went in to check on him and he was just lying in the water. Marcus asked him if he wanted to get out :::shakes head 'no'::: "Do you want to just lay in the tub for a while?" ::: nods head 'yes'::: A few minutes later he walked in to check on him and he had fallen asleep.

After I took him out of the tub and put jammies on him he of course started dry heaving again so I sent him to the couch to rest but warned him if he threw up on my clean carpet he would be in trouble. (Horrible mother, I know) I went to check on him a few minutes later and he was asleep like this:

Poor kid...
Marcus put him to bed while I held poor Liam, he had a slight temperature. He didn’t want any of my wonderful Zucchini bread but once Ruth got a little dish of Ice cream, he perked right up and said "I-ream?" I was hesitant but Marcus was going to bring him like a tablespoon full...until he started throwing up...all over me. Marcus had to take him and strip him too because I was a mess. Poor Marcus, I hope he has toughened up a bit, that was a lot of mess for one night.

Here's Liam with his 'barf bucket' after he got all cleaned up. Hopefully no one else will get sick, though I probably won’t have to deal with barfy clothes or sheets if Ruth gets sick. She has the ability to think: "Im going to throw up, I need to get to the toilet..." She also has amazing aim, whereas Neil was standing 6 inches from the toilet while I was toweling him off, and he threw up on my clean rug. Ahhh! The joys of parenthood.









1 comment:
I'm sorry you had such a rough night. I always hated those barfy days. Not fun! :( I love those two pictures of Neil in the tub asleep and then with his barf bucket. Those are great!
Post a Comment