Thursday, October 30, 2008

October 30, 2008 *whew* what a crazy day! Other than it being crazy hair day that is! :) Ruth wanted something a little more extravagant, but I knew she was going to be recognized during the assembly today so I tamed it down a bit. 6 Pony tails was pretty crazy though and the pipe cleaner bows added to the effect. After I dropped Ruth off at school around 8:45, I ran home and finished getting Neil dressed:

(I told him to give me a cool cowboy look and this is what I got ... )and dropped him off for school at 9:00.Then I had to run home and finished getting Liam dressed and make Ruth a lunch...(oops!) and drove back to her school in time to walk to the back of the cafeteria for the assembly (with everyone watching)(I knocked a few kids in the back of the head with my purse too...oops!). They spent 10 minutes singing the school song and some rap about Responsibility and then she announced that they were going to start calling kids up to be recognized for having great character. Of course, since I was in a hurry, they started with 6th grade, I was annoying and walked up in front of everyone right in the front row and took a picture of Ruth when she was presented with her award, and I was quite irritated to find that it was blurry when I got home, Then my camera died.

Its hard to tell but this is what she said: "Where's Ruth? Come on up! Ruth always does what is expected of her each and every day! Good job Ruth and I like your crazy hair!"

I knew Brendon was bringing his girls by so I rushed home right after I took the picture and plugged my camera in, then I loaded up the kids (Sawyer, Abby and Liam) and we went to the grocery store because I forgot to buy chocolate frosting (which I only spent 72 cents on (sweet!)) and then we went to Greenbacks to get a cowboy hat for Neil. Rush back home for the camera and then on to Neil’s school for the last 30 minutes of the day to join the Halloween party:

Reese and Neil playing bean bag toss.


Sawyer and her spider cupcake.


Black out bingo with candy corn, candy corn Abby was taking a break from eating. She kept walking around and swiping them off the kids boards when they weren't looking. (it was a really long game).


Abby and Liam being...still...
Then we rushed Sawyer home:


Abby really liked Ruth's sun glasses and all the hats at greenbacks. (I think I know what im getting her for her b-day...) We stopped at KFC for a quick lunch that took forever to get out the window to us...that always happens when your in a hurry i think, AND we got every red light, I hope she wasn’t late for School Carrie! Abby was asleep so we kept her after dropping Sawyer off and drove over to Grandma Evans' to hang out so Brendon wouldn’t have to drive all the way to our house again.


I honestly dont know how mothers of multiples do it.

Abby wearing Neil's boots!

*whew!* I persuaded Abby to go #2 on the potty (woo hoo no poopy diapers today!), Liam only bit Abby twice, the second time looked like it really hurt so I went down to scold him after Abby came and showed me, and Neil informed me that he had already had a little talk with him about biting. That kid cracks me up. Brendon came to get her 3 minutes (NICE TIMING!) before I had to leave to get Ruth. Que la dia! Neil and Liam fell asleep on the way home *score*


I took these pictures when we got home since mine didnt turn out so well from earlier.I like how busy days zoom by and before I know it Marcus is home :) Speaking of that, its 6:40...where is he?!?

2 comments:

Paula said...

Megan-Thanks for standing in as "Grandma" for the day. I love Neils cool cowboy pose and Ruth's crazy hair. Congrats Ruth for your achievement. I have the cutest grandkids EVER!

Karen said...

You are amazing.